Sorry my friends, it has been way too long, since my last post on September the 5th 2012. I had a good excuse, though! My husband Peter & I planned our trip to go to Berlin, Germany, for 7 nights. Ooh yeah, baby! 🙂 But we booked everything & we will be staying in a 3 star Design hotel near Checkpoint Charlie, in the historic area of this wonderful city! I also will be testing some good vegan cafés, restaurants because the city has a grand & large vegan scene! It is all about the culture, historic buildings, all kinds of food, curry wurst, lovely shops, Brandenburg Tor, etc!
Have any of you any good tips about foods, restaurants, exciting things to do? I welcome all of your suggestions! 😉 xxx
Now, back to some good food, I say!
Yesterday, I invented this great & tasty pear & cashew cheese spread! Yeah! It is vegan, dairy-free & gluten-free too! You know last times, I have made these other stunning vegan cashew cheeses, like this arugula cashew cheese spread & this tasty one aka cashew strawberry yoghurt, but all so tasty & well-flavoured, all invented by me, moi! 🙂
Yummmm,…Make it now, it is so easy! 🙂
Recipe: For 3 cups
2 heaped cups + 1/3 cup of raw & unroasted cashews, soaked for 1 night in clear water, well-rinsed & well-drained
2 cups + 1/3 cup of ripe pears, peeled, cored & cut into smaller chunks
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
5 tablespoons maple syrup, grade B / I used 5 tablespoons because my pears weren’t super ripe. Or less, according to your taste. But you must taste the cashews & the pears too!
1. Place all of your ingredients in this order into your Vitamix or power-blender. Place the tamper into your fitting lid & press the power on, go from low-speed, from 1 to 10 & push onto higher power. Use the tamper & push all the ingredients into the blades & blend until it is to your liking. I blended it for about 1 to 2 minutes. I checked the consistency & tasted it. It was ready. Turn the high power off, turn the lower speed from 10 to 1 & turn the power off. Taste! Mine tasted fabulous!! It is a bit sweeter but not too sweet. But I had to place my creation in some lovely jam pots with fitting lids & placed them in the fridge to cool off & to stiffen up a bit. After 1 night into the fridge, they were ready to use & to eat up! This vegan pear & cashew cheese spread isn’t that thick but it is so tasty! If the pots are in the fridge for a longer time, you must stir into the spread with a smaller spoon so that the maple syrup is well incorporated into the mix. Yummy Yum!
How to use?
1. It is great to eat like that, with a lovely spoon, straight from the jar!
2. It is excellent as a lovely cheese spread on some toast or on a lovely sandwich!
3. It is great too, as a lovely spread onto pancakes!
4. Lovely to pour over your morning muesli!
5. Pour it over vegan ice-cream!
Enjoy, my lovely ones! 😉
Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,850 email Subscribers! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like: