Today, I made these invented lovely & tasty vegan banana breads. I made several smaller banana breads instead of 1 large one. One banana bread is for 1 person. I made 14 smaller ones! I made them healthy using light organic spelt flour. They are more of a hearty breakfast as a dessert. You can have these on the go,..really tasty & not too sweet. I recently bought a new flower patterned Bundt silicon mat & I had to use it, didn’t I? I also used 2 other silicon flower patterned baking mats. My silicon baking ware is from the Italian brand: Silikomart. Here is their website in English they ship all around the world! Just click onto the previous link!
Important note: You don’t have to grease silicon baking ware. When you use them, fill them 3/4 up with the batter & push the batter down into the pattern with the help of a spoon & place them on a silicon mat on an oven rack for stability. Shake a bit with the trays to shake off any air bubbles. When you have used your silicon mats, after baking, leave the breads inside the silicon baking ware for about 10 minutes before carefully removing them from the mats. This will give them a lovely shine, on the outside & you can easily take them out of the flower patterned mats, with the help of your hands. Carefully flip them over & leave them to cool completely on a wire rack, with the flower pattern on top. You can easily wash the silicon baking ware in water & soap. Rinse them well & dry them off. Ready to use again!
Recipe: For 14 smaller individualized banana breads
1 cup powdered coconut blossom sugar
1/2 cup vegan butter, at room temperature
3 very ripe bananas, mashed well with a fork
1/3 cup small cut up walnuts
2 cups light organic spelt flour
1 + 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons aluminium-free baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon Maldon sea salt flakes, crushed
1/4 cup soy milk + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar = to make vegan buttermilk / mix these 2 together & let it stand for about 5 to 10 minutes.
2 teaspoon vanilla extract/ I use home-made
1. Preheat your oven to 180° C ( 350 F ) for about 15 minutes. I always use a fan oven. Adjust your oven to the right temperature!!!
2. In your Kenwood, add the K-paddle. Add the vegan butter & the sugar. Cream together. Scrape the sides too. Add the mashed bananas, vegan buttermilk, vanilla & walnuts pieces & mix until it is well-mixed.
3. In a large bowl, sift spelt flour, baking soda, cinnamon, garam masala & baking powder. Add the crushed sea salt flakes.
4. Add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix good until it all comes together.
5. I always use silicon baking mats, flower patterned. You don’t have to grease silicon baking materials!! Never! Fill your flower mats, 3/4 with the batter. Push the batter down into the pattern with the help of a spoon. Place your baking mats on a Silpat for stability & place onto the oven racks. Shake a bit with the muffin tray to shake off any air bubbles. Place into the preheated oven & bake for about 25 minutes. I tested mine after 20 minutes with a small pin. Prick a small hole in the center of a banana bread & test. If the pin is clean, the bread has been cooked through. Mine needed an extra 5 minutes. Do the pin test again. They were okay! With oven gloves on, take the oven racks out of the oven & place on wire racks to cool off a bit. Leave the breads into the silicon baking mats for about 10 minutes. This will give a lovely shine on the outside of your breads. After 10 minutes, you can easily take them out of the patterns & carefully flip them over. Place them on wire racks to cool down completely. Store in cookie boxes. Enjoy, my lovely ones! 😉
Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,850 email Subscribers! It is free!