Yesterday, I have made this tasty invented dinner. I wanted to use GF pasta so I used brown rice macaroni. It was so tasty. I marinated orange bell pepper & courgettes pieces in a combo of chicken & steak spices, Pink Himalayan salt, black pepper & a fruity EVOO. I marinated them for 2 hours in the fridge & added aubergine pieces. I salted the round aubergine pieces for about 1 hour with sea salt to extract the bitter flavours ,then later on you can easily fry them, they won’t taste bitter & they won’t take up so much oil or vegan butter. You must rinse them well under the tap & pad them dry thoroughly on kitchen paper, on both sides. I also added fried smoked tofu chunks. Easy does it here! Check it out! MMMMMMMM,…!
Recipe: For about 5 persons, each 1 big part
450 gr gluten-free brown rice pasta or another pasta shape
2 fat garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
1 large aubergine ( eggplant ), cleaned
200 gr of smoked tofu, well-drained & pad dry on kitchen paper, cut into thicker slices & cut into bite sized chunks
** For the orange bell pepper & courgette marinade:
2 medium orange bell peppers ( paprika ), cleaned & cut up into smaller strips, white bits & pits removed
2 young courgettes, cleaned & cut up into bite sized chunks
Himalayan pink salt, with an integrated mill on the pot.
vegan butter: I use planta: 100% vegan
Chicken & steak seasoning: this seasoning has a mix of roasted onion, red chilli bits, mustard seeds, black & white pepper, coriander, garlic, paprika & a bit of salt/ I used Santa Maria: chicken & steak seasoning. I buy mine in Delhaize.I buy my seeds with an integrated spice mill on the pot.
1. Two & a half-hour before dinner, prepare the marinade for the courgette & orange paprika pieces. Take a large Ziplock bag & pour 2 tablespoons in it. Add chunks of courgettes & orange paprika. Add 8 grins of pink Himalayan salt & 15 grins of that chicken & steak seasoning. Mix well with a clean hand. Add a few grins of finely milled black pepper & taste! It has to taste fab & just right. Add some more salt or chicken & steak seasoning, if you need to. Remove the air & close the bag well. Place in a fitting bowl for when there is leakage. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours!
2. At the same time, cut the aubergine into rounds, a bit thicker, but not too thick / I salted the round aubergine pieces for about 1 hour with sea salt & placed them in a colander to extract the bitter flavours then later on, you can easily fry them, they won’t taste bitter & they won’t take up so much oil or vegan butter. You must rinse them well under the tap & pad them dry thoroughly on kitchen paper, on both sides. Now, cut them into smaller chunks & place them in a pot with fitting lid & place into the fridge for later on.
3. After the 2 hours, take the ziplock bag out of the fridge, the aubergine pieces too.
4. Cook your vegan & gluten-free brown rice macaroni according to your packet instructions. Drain well. Keep moist.
5. Take a larger Creuset pot with fitting lid or another cast iron pot. I use this a lot in my kitchen because they will keep foods a long time hot, when cooked. Heat up on higher heat. When hot, pour 1 tablespoon of that fruity Evoo in the pot, add some vegan butter & fry your aubergine pieces, all at once or in 2 times in the pot. Stir often. Add some Himalayan pink salt, some black pepper, not too much & add a few grins of that chicken & steak seasoning, until browned on both sides. Place the fitting lid on to speed up the process. When ready, remove them with a spoon. Place into a larger pot with fitting lid. Now, let the heat on high & pour 1 tablespoon of that fruity EVOO in it. Heat up. When hot, pour the marinade & the ingredients into the pot. Fry until cooked through & browned on all sides. This will take about 10 minutes. Place the fitting heavy lid on to speed up the process. Stir often. When done, check the seasoning. add some more chicken & steak seasoning or some more salt. It has to taste fab! Remove this mix from your Creuset pot & place into that larger pot with fitting lid. When hot, add some olive oil & some vegan butter. when hot, add the smoked tofu chunks & fry until browned on both sides & warmed through. I added some salt & some black pepper to add some punch! When don, turn the heat off & add all the rest of the veggie mix. Mix everything carefully. Add the drained & cooked brown rice pasta. Taste! Enjoy, my lovely ones!😉
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,214 email followers: Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too!
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like: