Yesterday, I made this tasty dinner. I had 2 types of fresh sage in my garden. I marinated organic pork chops, which I cut up into strips, each about 1 cm x 4 cm in an orange & sage marinade.
This tasty meal is even better with my 2 side dishes like oven roasted fennel, orange parts & onions & oven roasted potato wedges! Ooh yeah!
I never tasted the sage & orange combo before but I love it now! So will you! Easy does it here!
Recipe: For 2 persons
** For the sage & orange marinade:
2 thicker organic pork chops, cleaned, sliced horizontally & cut up into smaller strips, each about 1 cm x 4 cm
2 teaspoons + 1/2 teaspoon of grated orange zest
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & finely chopped
1/2 cup of freshly juiced orange juice
1/2 teaspoon of Maldon sea salt flakes
1/2 teaspoon of finely grinned black pepper
4 tablespoons of a fruity EVOO
1 heaped tablespoon of mixed fresh sage leaves, cleaned & torn up into smaller pieces/ I only had small sage leaves otherwise take a bit less!
** For the oven roasted potato wedges:
600 gr of cooked & cooled potato wedges/ bought in the supermarket
a fruity EVOO
Maldon sea salt
** For the fennel, orange & onion roast:
2 big fennel, cleaned, hard bottom cut out, tubes removed, cut into wedges & into smaller pieces or wedges
1 orange, peeled & white bits & pits removed, cut into wedges
1 fat white onion, peeled & cut into smaller wedges
a fruity EVOO
Maldon sea salt
1. Prepare your marinade. Your pork strips do need 3 to 5 hours of marinating. You can do this also the night before! I marinated my pork for 5 hours!!! Take a large Ziploc bag & place all the ingredients for the marinade in it. Mix well with a spoon. Place your pork strips into the marinade. It gives a lovely aroma! Let the air out of the bag & seal it good. With your hands, outside of the bag, massage the meat a bit. Place the bag into a fitting bowl for when there is leakage. Place into the fridge to marinate at least 3 to 5 hours!
2. When you are going to prepare dinner, preheat your oven to 210°C (410 F ) for 10 minutes. Place the potato wedges in 1 layer in an oven dish. Pour 4 to 6 tablespoons of a fruity EVOO over the wedges. Add some cracked black pepper & some sea salt flakes, according to your liking, but not too much salt! Mingle with your clean hands everything together so that the potatoes are covered on all sides with the olive oil. Wash your hands.
3. Take & large non-stick dish & divide the fennel parts, onion & orange wedges equally into the dish. Drizzle that fruity EVOO over the veggies & add cracks of black pepper & sea salt flakes, each about 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon. With your hands, mingle everything together. Wash your hands.
4. Place the 2 dishes into the hot oven & bake for about 35 to 45 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown & the fennel dish has been roasted & ready. Half the cooking time, turn your potato wedges over to prevent burning & do so with the fennel, onion & orange parts. When ready & cooked through, turn the oven lower but keep warm.
5. When your oven dishes only need the last 10 minutes of cooking time, take your marinade out of the fridge. Drain your marinade but add some of the garlic, juice, orange zest & sage parts into the pan. Discard the rest. Fry your pork strips in some fruity evoo, the same one that you used in the other dishes, on medium high heat. Fry on both sides, until rosé in the middle, this means a few minutes on each side! Do not overcook the meat !!!
Plate up & enjoy instantly with a loved one!
Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,850 email Subscribers! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like other marinades: