Yesterday, I made these tasty vegan pear & cashew nut pulp spelt muffins. This recipe is my own creation! These aren’t that sweet. They are ideal as a good breakfast on the go!
Recently, in my last post, I made 2 raw home-made cashew milks. I made 1 recipe using raw, soaked & drained date sweetened cashews. When I strained the milk, the date sweetened cashew nut pulp was left. I wanted to use it in something like in a dessert. So, I created these vegan pear muffins. I don’t like using eggs in my baking anymore so I used 1/2 mashed banana instead of 1 egg in my muffins.
It worked really well. These are delightful breakfast or dessert muffins, darker on the outside because of the light spelt flour. They are more healthy this way. They are light & lovely at the interior. I used my silicon flower patterned baking mats. You don’t have to grease silicon baking ware. Check it out for yourself!!! :) Easy does it.
Recipe: For 16 larger flower shaped muffins
** The dry ingredients:
3 cups organic light spelt flour / I used Sharpham Park organic Britsh light spelt flour
3/4 cup coconut blossom sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup date sweetened cashew nut pulp
1 tablespoon date sweetened cashew nut pulp
1/2 banana, mashed completely with a fork ( instead of 1 egg, as a binder )
** The wet ingredients:
1 cup soy milk/ I used Pro Soya
1/2 cup canola oil/ I used an organic one
3 teaspoons vanilla extract / I use home-made
2 medium very ripe Doyenne pears, peeled, cored & cut into little chunks
1. Preheat your oven to 200° C ( 400 F ) for about 10 minutes. I use a fan oven. Adjust your oven to the right temperature.
2. Take a large bowl or the fitting bowl of your Kenwood. Add all of the dry ingredients in here. Place the K-paddle in your Kenwood. Mix well on lower speed until it all comes together. If you are using a large bowl, mix well with a wooden spoon until just combined.
3. In another bowl, add all of the liquid ingredients. Whisk everything together.
4. Now, pour the liquid mix to the dry ingredients mix. Mix well on medium speed until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX! In a large bowl, add the liquid mix. Mix until just combined.
5. Now, add the chopped up pear chunks. Mix on medium speed until just mixed together. Scrape the sides of your bowl & mix again. Now, place your flower patterned silicon baking mats on a silpat & on an oven rack for stability. You never have to grease silicon baking materials!! That’s so easy to use. Fill them 3/4 with the muffin mix. I could fill 16 larger flower patterend muffins. Shake a bit with the muffin tray to shake off any air bubbles. Place them in the preheated oven & bake them for about 15 to 20 minutes. I tested mine after 20 minutes with a little pin inserted in the middle of the muffin. It was clean & dry when taken out & the muffins were brown & well risen too. Take them out of the oven & place them in their silicon baking mats on a rack to cool. I leave them in their silicon baking mats for about 10 minutes. That gives the muffins their shine & they are easy to take out of the muffin trays. Now, carefully flip them over so you can see the flower pattern on top & place them all on wire racks to cool down completely.
6. When cool, slice them open & eat them just like that. I bet that home-made vegan pear butter would be great with them.
I enjoy them with some home-made cinnamon bark tea. Enjoy! :) If there are any left overs, store them in a cookie box! There are great as a special food gift too! :)
I always use this brand of silicon baking mats & material: Silikomart. An Italian brand! Here is their website in English.
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,217 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! :)
You might like :