I love to savour at the moment lovely fresh mixed mushrooms. In this tasty seasonal pasta dish, I used brown field mushrooms & oyster mushrooms. I served them in a creamy mustard & soy cream sauce with fried smoked bacon pieces.
This is an easy yet well-flavoured Autumnal dish.
Recipe: For 2 persons, with a bit of seconds
350 gr tagliatelle/ I used gluten – free
3 large shalots, peeled & finely chopped
3 fat cloves of fresh garlic, peeled & finely chopped
3 to 4 fresh sprigs of thyme, rinsed under water, pad dry on kitchen paper & stalks removed
400 gr brown field mushrooms, cleaned with a mushroom brush, cut into 4
250 gr oyster mushrooms, cleaned & cut into 2 or 3
200 to 250 ml of soy cream/ I use Alpro soy cream
2 tablespoons of a good mustard/ I use Dijon
Black pepper, freshly grinned
A fruity EVOO ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil )
Soy baking margarine/ I use Alpro
200 gr gluten-free smoked bacon pieces
To serve: 2 heated warm pasta plates
1. Cook your tagliatelle according to your packet instructions. Drain well. Keep warm.
2. In a large pan, heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of the fruity EVOO in a hot pan.
Add the chopped shalots , chopped up garlic & the thyme leaves from 2 thyme sprigs. Season with sea salt & black pepper. Stir frequently & fry until nearly golden & softened.
3. In the same pan, add 2 knobs of baking margarine & let it melt. Now, add the mushrooms in 1 layer & add the remaining thyme leaves too. Fry until cooked through & juicy but no more than 3 minutes on a higher heat. Turn the mushrooms over. Lower the heat if you have to. Season with sea salt & grinned black pepper. Transfer the cooked mushrooms to a larger pot & place a fitting lid on. Do the same with the remaining mushrooms. Taste the mushrooms for seasoning after frying because they have to taste fab! Return the other mushrooms back to the pan & add the soy cream. Heat up on a higher heat & let the sauce bubble a bit. After 2 minutes or so, add the 2 tablespoons of mustard & stir it well into the sauce. Taste!
It has to taste fabulously! Lower the heat if you need to & let the sauce thicken a bit more. After that, check the seasoning one last time.
4. In the meantime, heat another pan on a high heat. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the fruity EVOO to the pan & fry the smoked bacon pieces until crispy & brown on all sides. Take a large plate & place 2 kitchen papers on it. Pour the bacon pieces on it. With other 2 kitchen papers, dip the fat from the top of the bacon.
5. Serve directly on the preheated plates & place the tagliatelle in the middle, the mushroom mustard sauce over the top & scatter the bacon pieces all around the sauce, all around your plate.
Enjoy, my friends!;)
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,217 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! :)
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like other related dishes on my blog: