I made these tasty & lovely appetizers on Christmas & everybody loved them! Check them out! 🙂
Appetizer 1: This is a mix of cucumber with avocado’s, garlic, lemon juice and dried dill, topped with smoked trout filet pieces, if you serve for vegetarians: don’t add the smoked trout filet.
For about 33 little appetizers
2 ripe Hass avocado’s, cut into 2, pit taken out, with a spoon you can easily spoon out the avocado flesh
1 large cucumber, peeled and seeds taken out, cut into pieces
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons (2 x 15 ml ) of a fruity extra virgin olive oil
2 fat cloves of fresh garlic, peeled and finely cut up
finely grinned black pepper
Maldon sea salt flakes, if you don’t have it another good sea salt
100 gr of smoked trout filet
dried dill, at least 1 to 2 level tablespoons
** To serve: Haust little toasts or another good brand or gluten-free mini toasts
1. Take a food processor and place the avocado flesh, the cucumber pieces, the lemon juice, the garlic pieces, the dill, all equally divided in the food processor. Blitz until it all comes together. Scrape the sides of the food processor and blitz again until completely smooth.
2. Now, add a few grinds of black pepper and some Maldon sea salt flakes. Blitz again and check the seasoning. It has to taste fab! It mustn’t taste bad! Add a bit more dried dill or pepper or salt if necessary.
3. Scoop with a spoon into a pot with fitting lid and place into the fridge for at least 1 hour or 2 so that the flavours can blend in.
4. 30 minutes before serving, take the smoked trout filets out of the fridge and out of the plastic package so that the fish can breathe and doesn’t taste of plastic!!! Now you can slice the trout into 33 little pieces, square. See picture above.
5. Take a lovely toast and smear a dollop of the green mix on it and top it with a piece of the smoked trout filet.
If you serve this for vegetarians, you don’t add the smoked fish on top.
This appetizer is also great as a good dip. Place the green appetizer mix in little bowls and give nice Italian grissini with olive oil in them to dip.
Appetizer 2: Italian grissini with olive oil, broken in half and smoked Maigret duck breast filet in slices wrapped around it.
For 36 appetizers:
Italian grissini with olive oil, broken in half and smoked Maigret duck breast filet in slices wrapped around it.
About 18 Italian grissini Torino with olive oil in them, broken into 2/ or gluten-free bread sticks , broken into 2 or home-made/ I prefer them without herbs!
2 packets of smoked duck breast filets in thin slices/ I buy it vacuüm packaged
1. First, thoroughly wash and dry your hands.
2. 30 minutes before serving, take your duck breast filets slices out of the package and lay them on a chopping board. After those 30 minutes, you can easily separate the thin duck slices away from each other with a sharp knife. 3. Take 1 half of the bread stick and wrap the duck slice around the top of the bread stick. Just push the duck breast with your fingertips on, around the top so that it sticks on it.
Serve on a nice plate and enjoy it too with a good Champagne Brut or a good Spanish Cava Brut like Finca Más Macià. This cava brut originates from Catalonia, Spain. 6.99 Euro in Spar shops in Belgium. Great value for money.
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!