Sophie’s gluten free and egg free speculaas spiced apple muffins
tasty gluten-free & egg-free speculaas spiced apple muffins
Today, I made these egg free and gluten-free speculaas spiced triple apple muffins. It is my own recipe. I used apple in 3 ways in here: grated apple, apple in little pieces & apple sauce.
These are healthy breakfast muffins that aren’t too sweet…a breakfast that you can take along with you in the car, to the office or just savour with a good cup of tea at home.
These are so goooodddd,… just test for yourself!
These aren’t speculaas
at all, I just used the speculaas spice in these tasty apple muffins.
We can buy these speculaas spices in a few kitchen stores like Dille and Kamille
. You can find those shops in various cities in Belgium & in The Netherlands.
Spices used in speculaas spices are cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pigment, ginger, cardamom, mace and coriander. We buy them in 20 gr sachet, ready to use.
If you can’t buy these in your neighbourhood, you can make them easy like this:
bought speculaas spices
I have 1 recipe with not every spice in it, but you can make your own speculaas mix with:
4 tablespoons ground cinnamon,
1 tablespoon ground cloves,
1 tablespoon ground ginger,
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg &
1 tablespoon ground cardamom.
Mix all the spices well together & place in a fitting bowl & screw the lid well on. Shake well until all combined or use a spoon & mix well. Use 2 teaspoons.
Enjoy!! It works really well!!!
Recipe: For 16 larger flower pattern muffins
100 gr of brown teff flour
80 gr Noproten gf flour mix
60 gr of light brown buckwheat flour
2 teaspoons gf baking powder
2 teaspoons speculaas spice
180 ml lactose free unsweetened yoghurt or normal unsweetened yoghurt
100 ml sweetened apple sauce
80 ml of a good and tasty canola oil
75 gr shivered unsweetened almond flakes
1 apple, peeled, cored and finely cut up into little pieces, I used Pink Lady
1. Preheat your oven on 180°C ( 350 F ) for about 10 minutes.
2. In your Kenwood bowl, add teff flour, Noproten gf flour mix, light buckwheat flour, tapioca flour, gf baking powder, guar gom, baking soda and speculaas spice. Mix it all together with the K paddle on medium speed.
3. In another bowl, add the lactose free yoghurt, applesauce, agave syrup and canola oil. Mix well with a whisk.
4. Add the wet ingredients mix to the dry ingredients in the Kenwood bowl. Mix well on medium speed. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a plastic scraper. Finally, add the shivered almonds, the grated apple and the cut up apple pieces to the bowl. Mix well with the K paddle. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a plastic scraper.
5. Now, take your silicon flower pattern mats & place them on a silpat, for stability on an oven rack. I can place 2 x 6 larger holes flower mats besides each other. I also used another 5 silicon normal muffin mat. Because this is silicon, you don’t have to grease your muffin holes. Fill with 3/4 of the thicker batter. Place in the center of the oven & bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. I baked mine 25 minutes but checked after 20 minutes with a small sewing pin.
6. After they are golden on top & ready, carefully take them out of the oven & let them cool down a bit, for about 5 to 10 minutes. After that, you can carefully turn the muffins down side up & leave them to cool down on a wire rack. So you will be seeing the beautiful flower pattern on top! When completely cool, store in an airtight cookie box.
Enjoy like that, sliced open with a good cup of ginger tea or with some butter and apple jam or with apple butter.
Delightful aroma’s & flavours in here! Special too!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like:
Comments are closed.