I am back from a few days away. But in August, I will be going on a longer vacation. I will be 3 weeks with my loved ones.
This is an easy yet so satisfying chilled summer’s soup! It is all made in a blender. Then it is cooled into the fridge for a few hours.
You have a lovely cucumber & melon soup topped with a radish & mint topping.
It tastes special & apart! Make it & you will see,…!!!
You can even serve it in little cocktail glasses for a party!
Recipe: For 3 persons
** For the soup:
sheep’s Greek yoghurt: 210 gr ( I can’t tolerate normal cow’s Greek yoghurt!) otherwise use normal Greek yoghurt
1 large cucumber: cleaned, tops & ends removed, skin kept on & seeds removed, cut into little chunks
1 small clove of garlic, peeled & diced finely
Maldon sea salt flakes: 1/2 teaspoon
150 gr of peeled & deseeded Cavaillon melon, cut into chunks
** For the mint & radishes topping:
4 longer pink & white radishes, cleaned & cut into thinner rings
2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar
3 gr of fresh & cleaned mint leaves, cut finely
freshly grinned black pepper
a bit of Maldon sea salt flakes, grinned
1. Take your blender & place the cucumber pieces, the garlic pieces, the sheep’s yoghurt & the sea salt in it. Blitz a few times until completely smooth. Pour it all into a plastic container with fitting lid.
2. Place the melon chunks into the blender. Blitz until completely smooth. Pour this into the cucumber yoghurt mix. Mix with a spoon. Taste. It tastes yum! Place into the fridge for about 2 to 3 hours.
3. Now, about 20 minutes before eating the cold soup, make the mint & radish topping. Take a jam pot with fitting lid. Add the chopped radishes & add the chopped mint. Now, add 2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar. Add a few grinds of black pepper & some Maldon sea salt.
Screw the lid one & shake the jam pot a few times up & down. Unscrew the lid &taste. It has to taste fab!
4. Now, serve the soup in soup bowls & laddle a bit of the radishes & mint topping in the center of the soup. Savour it right away & enjoy it!
You might like:
1. Cold raw courgettes, mint, pine nuts & garlic almond soup
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,310 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too!🙂