A tasty quinoa meal!
This is a lovely quinoa & veggies salad. I served it alongside steamed spinach & baked turkey pieces.
This is only the 2nd time I made cooked quinoa. I so love its flavour & texture. It is also easy to make. My quinoa only took 15 minutes to cook.
What is quinoa? Wikipedia explains it very well. Just click on the link!
You like it like I do? Check out this easy yet flavourful recipe!
Recipe for the quinoa & veggies salad: For at least 4 persons
170 gr uncooked quinoa
340 ml water
300 gr uncooked broccoli, washed & cleaned, cut into florets
140 gr yellow bell pepper, cleaned, white pits & white parts on the inside removed
100 gr corn from a can, well rinsed & leaked
30 gr of Italian flatleaf parsley, washed, pad dry on kitchen paper, cleaned, cut more finely
Herbamare salt original: 1 to 2 teaspoons ( herbamare from DR. A. Vogel is gluten-free!! )
1. First, steam your broccoli. Steam it for about 5 to 10 minutes until al dente. Let cool off.
2. Then, cook your quinoa. Place the quinoa in a sieve & rinse the quinoa. Pour the water into a medium cooking pot & bring to the boil. When boiling, add the rinsed quinoa. Stir from time to time. Put the lid on. Check the cooking process, now & then. The quinoa has to absorb all the water. Turn the heat lower if necessary. My quinoa took 15 minutes to cook. When the quinoa is totally cooked & ready, the quinoa is tender. Fluff it all up with a fork. Set aside to cool off with the lid on for a further 10 minutes.
3. In a hot pan, add some fruity EVOO & heat up on high. Add the leaked corn kernels & the yellow bell pepper pieces. Add some Herbamare according to taste. Fry for about 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool off.
4. When all of the veggies are cold, add the cut up parsley, the broccoli florets, the corn & the yellow bell pepper pieces to the quinoa. Mix gently. Taste! Add 1 to 2 teaspoons Herbamare according to your taste.
5. I served my salad cold with baked turkey pieces & cooked spinach.
**Variation 1: This is also lovely with other veggies like a mix from cooked green asparagus & cooked white asparagus.
**Variation 2: This is also nice with boiled fresh peas & 2 peeled broad beans cooked with crumbled feta cheese.
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,310 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! :)