♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
It has been a while that I wanted to make my own bean burgers. But they had to be perfect. After a while, I created these,…I also spiced them up.
So, I made these real beauties!
1 can of black beans, well rinsed under cold water & well leaked
120 gr of brown beans, out of a can, well rinsed under cold water & well leaked
1 omega 3 egg, beaten loose50 gr of old-fashioned smaller oats ( no instant!!!) or gluten-free oats
some sea salt
a few grinds of black pepper
1 level tablespoon of smoked Picanté paprika, Pimentón de la vera
a good drizzle of EVOO, a fruity one & using the oil to fry the burgers
2 scallions, well washed & pad dry, cleaned & cut into rings
120 gr of grated Gruyère cheese
a bit of flour, for your hands, to form the burgers
* bread rolls or hamburger buns or gluten-free buns, sliced
* sliced tomatoes
* your favourite lettuce leaves
* Baked red onion wedges
1. Take a food processor & place all of ingredients, evenly divided in it. All of the beans, oats, scallions, beaten egg, smoked paprika, a bit of sea salt, a few grinds of black pepper & grated cheese in it. Add a drizzle of the EVOO. Blitz it all together for a few seconds. Blitz again if necessary. Then, take a chopping board & a clean plate.
2. Flour your hands & make burgers of the mix. Reflour your hands again & again. Don’t make the burgers too big otherwise they could fall apart. I make smaller balls & flatten them out a bit so that you will have about 10 burgers of 5 cm x 4 cm, each 1 to 1.5 cm thick. You can make these hours in advance. This is also easier to do. Place cling film over the top & place into the fridge for a few hours, 2 at least.
3. Just before eating, take the burgers out of the fridge. Remove the cling film. Take a large non stick pan & pour 1 thin layer of the fruity EVOO. Heat up on high. Be careful for the hot oil.
When hot & sizzling, add the bean burgers. Fry on one side until the burgers are ready & brown on one side & carefully flip them over. Fry on this side for a few minutes. Adjust the heat if necessary.
4. Serve on your favourite hamburger bun & your garnishes!! Keep the burgers warm.
The cheese is a bit goowie & …they are spiced up & kicking!
You can find this tasty recipe, also here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Spiced-bean-burgers/
You might like: