A few days ago, It was raining all day long. I wanted to bring the flavours of summer into the house. I wanted a lighter meal with no cabbages & nearly no washing up!
Fennel is still in season in Belgium. So, I came with this!
Recipe: For 3 persons
3 medium fennel bulbs, the hard bit at the bottom removed, cleaned, the 3 or 4 long, hard green bits at the top removed, cut into strips or wedges, the fennel fronds kept
150 gr of green pitted marinated olives in lemon juice & zest
2 oranges, peeled & sliced into wedges, with no white skin & no pits/ the juice of the wedges kept
a few drizzles of a fruity EVOO
3 chicken fillets, no skin, cleaned & cut into smaller pieces
grins of fresh black pepper
to serve: baked potato wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C ( 392 F ) for 10 minutes.
2. Take 2 large oven roasting tins & divide the fennel pieces all over them in 1 layer. Arrange the orange segments, their juice & the olives between the fennel pieces.
3. Add a few drizzles of the fruity EVOO all over the 2 dishes. Divide the 150 ml of the Pastis over the 2 dishes. With your hands mingle everything together. Season the chicken pieces on both sides with the sea salt flakes & grinds of fresh black pepper & snuggle them on top or between the fennel pieces. Top the dishes with the fennel fronds.
4. Place into the center of the preheated oven & bake for about 30 to 35 minutes until everything is roasted & ready & until the chicken is moist & cooked trough.
5. When the 2 dishes are ready, turn the oven off & let the dishes sit in there for about 5 minutes to let the chicken rest.
6. Serve at once with some baked potato wedges. Enjoy!!
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,310 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! :)
You might like: