Tasty balsamic & rosemary roasted parsnips!
This is one of my favourite vegetarian side dishes. I so love parsnips.
In Belgium, they are very underestimated. They are like ” forgotten vegetables. ” I love their sweeter taste. I marinated the parsnips pieces in a combination of fresh rosemary, brown sugar & balsamic vinegar. They were marinated for at least 1.5 hour in the fridge. MMMMM,…
Recipe: For 950 gr of roasted parsnips/ This is for 2 hungry people with seconds!
950 gr of peeled parsnips, if you have a rougher root in the middle, cut it out! / if not, cut into 2 in the long way, then cut crosswise into smaller pieces
5 tablespoons of the best balsamic vinegar
2 + 1/2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons of a fruity EVOO
sea salt flakes like Maldon
grinds of fresh black pepper
1 long fresh rosemary sprig, about 6 to 8 cm long, washed, cleaned, the sprig removed & cut up into little pieces
a large ziplock bag
To serve: baked potato wedges & baked chicken pieces
1. First, make your marinade, a few hours before dinner. Take a large ziplock bag & put the peeled parsnip pieces in it. Add the brown sugar & the balsamic vinegar. Now, add the rosemary pieces. Mix everything well around in the bag, with the help of your hands. Do it carefully because you don’t want to make a rupture into the bag. When well mixed, close the bag. Place the bag in a larger bowl in case of leakage. Place in the fridge for at least 1.5 hours.
2. 30 to 40 minutes before dinner, take the bowl with the bag outside of the fridge. Preheat the oven to 220°C ( 428 F ) for about 10 minutes. Take 2 large non stick oven roasting pans. Lay all of the parnsip pieces with its marinade in 1 layer all in the tins. Now, add some sea salt all over the parnsips. Add some grinds of fresh black pepper to the dishes. Now, with your hands, mingle everything well togheter. Place into the preheated oven & bake for about 30 to 40 minutes until the parsnip pieces are tender, sticky & caramelized.
3. Serve with the potatoes & the chicken pieces. Enjoy!
You might like:
And now, for something completely different!!!
A month ago & lately, I recieved again some beautiful awards!! I recieved 4 beauties!! yeah!!
She has a cool foodblog with grand food & video’s about cooking & baking. Her pictures make my mouth water,… nearly all of the time!
I will give this award to the following lovely food bloggers! ( in no particular order )
He has a fab foodblog & uses great ingredients & makes lovely dishes with it! He also gives good tips!
2. Mangocheeks @ Allotment 2 kitchen, from Scotland. She had a veggie plot but it was destroyed by a mean person. She is a true vegetarian & I learn a lot of her! She grows veggies & fruit.
3. Kenny T @ Chiceats, from Central District, Hong Kong. He visits a lot of restaurants. He cooks eastern dishes & I learn a lot from him!
4. Joanna @ Eat well with others, from NewYork, NY! She is studying to become a doctor & she cooks her hart out! I learn a lot of her! She uses normal ingredients in a different way! She truly writes apart & lovely!
5. Sapuche @ the World tastes good. He is an excellent writer & a pure traveller. Recently, he travelled to Chili, Peru & Argentinia!! He writes with enthousiasm & he always makes me laugh! It is like we are travelling with him!
6. Cheryl @ Cooking Dunkin Style, she is from Beaverton, Oregon, USA. I learn a lot from her from American recipes & traditions. She has become a close friend to me!
7. Lorraine aka @ Not Quite Nigella. She has become a dear friend to me. She is from Sydney, Australia. She writes about & visits restaurants, food festivals & interviews great people & chefs,…even Donna Hay is a fan from her blog!
8. Cynthia @ Tastes like Home. She lives in Barbados. She cooks Carribian food. mmmmm,…
I learn a lot of her!
9. Pam @ the love of cooking. She cooks & bakes like I want to eat! Georgous, tasty & lovely recipes!
11. Zerrin @ Give recipe. She lives in Turkey and she cooks & bakes her hart out. She also draws vegetables who are talking, …hahahaha,..She makes fab Turkish food & she teaches us a lot about it & her culture,..
I am in my second year of Spanish & give my comments in Spanish on her blog & she encourages me to do so!
I learn a lot from her country & her amazing recipes!
In the past I already have recieved this award & told 10 things about me. What else do I have to say?
Now, new things to say,….
1. By now you know that I am a real foodie. I love travelling & seeing new places, villages, meeting new people from all around the world.
2. I am an only child. It didn’t bother me a lot when I was growing up because I had a lot of friends to play with. I had a lot of neighbour kids of my age. Now, when I am older,…I kind of miss brothers or sisters, I think.
3. I love blogging. It has been about 1.5 years since I started blogging. I even posts my comments in Spanish at a lot of blogs. I love making new friends through blogging! It has been such a great & grand experience! I learned a lot about different cultures through their food,…
4. I also loved the Pay It Forward Package events. I had the chance to recieve such a package from Sydney from Lorraine aka Not Quite Nigella. She had chosen Australian bush spices & produtcs ,etc. It has been such a great adventure creating new recipes with unique foods from Australia! I also have sent 2 packages from Belgium to USA & to France.
5. I so love visiting new cookery shops. I can’t leave the shop without buying something new,…
6. I am always on the look out for more & apart looking shapes of silicone mats for my mini cakes, etc.
That’s about it,……
I want to know more about these following people:
1. Koko @ Koko’s Kitchen. She lives near Vancouver, Canada! She is & cool friend. She also goes to culinary scool & learns a lot! She is a vegetarian but eats fish & seafood.
2. Kitchen Butterfly@ Kitchen Butterfly. She lives in The Netherlands. She takes fab pictures & gives great tips on cooking & baking. I also love her recipes.
3. Gattina @ Kichen Unplugged. She is a Hong Kong chinese who lives in Barcelona, Spain. She makes finger licking tasty dishes. They are always a work of art!
4. Sam @ My Carolina’s Kitchen. She writes with enthousisam & always makes me laugh! Her recipes never fail!
5. Kristen @ A passion 4 eating. She has been a long time foodie friend. I love her unique more healthy recipes.
6. Ellie @ Almost Bourdain, originally from Malaysia & now lives with her Dutch husband & daughter in Sydney, Australia. Her fab recipes & grand fab pictures are so cool!
She writes about restaurants , foodie shops, reviews, etc. She is also a keen macaron maker!
8. Zurin @ Cherry on a cake. She has become a close frined to me! She cooks, bakes beautiful dishes! Very apart too,..
9. The Daily Spud @ The daily spud . She lives in Dublin, Ireland. She makes tasty & georgous potato & other dishes. She writes lovely too! She entertains me. Her friendship is important to me!
10. Claudia @ Journey of an Italian cook. She lives in Minnesota, USA. She is a writer for children’s plays. She makes me laugh. Her writing & recipe creating is brilliant! She makes Italian -American food.
My 3rd award, I also recieved from Gloria!!
I also recieved the same award from my dear friend: Heavenly Housewife who lives in England.
She is the most fabulous housewife I know! Her blog is
A lovely blog award this is!! Ooooh,…
I want to give this award to:
1. Trissa @ Trissalicious who lives in Australia. She cooks & bakes beautiful appetizing dishes.
I have cooked a lot of her dishes & they are always new to me!
3. Olive @ Latest recipes. Her recipes are always a hit in my family. Lovely food & grand pictures!
4. The Ungourmet @ The Ungourmet. She lives in Oregon, USA. She cooks & bakes like I like to eat. She makes it look so simplel & lovely to cook! Easy yet so doable recipes!
5. Simone aka Junglefrog @ Junglefrog cooking. She lives in The Netherlands & is a grand cook & a fab photographer. She also gives us useful tips about good photography! I learn international recipes from her. She writes funny too!
6. Margaret @ Kitchen Delights. She lives in the Uk & she makes English classic dishes but with a twist! I, Sophie am a real anglofile! My family is that too!
7. Barbara @ Moveable feasts who lives in Florida, USA. She has become a close friend. We swap foodie ideas. I respect her a lot! Her recipes never fail & are lovely ones!
10. Rebecca @ Chow & chatter, from Scotland. She lives in the USA with her Indian husband & daughter. This surely gives a nice mix in her eating habits! Good for us too!
11. Dawn@ Vanilla Sugar. She lives near Cape Cod, USA. She cooks & bakes a lot of very inviting dishes & her pictures always make my mouth water,…drool,…drool,…I also learn about American sweeter desserts!
She lives in Paris, France, is a grand chef who cooks international dishes & she inspires & teaches me a lot of food from all over the world!
I will give this fine award to the following bloggers:
1. Ju @ the Little Teochew. She lives with her children & husband in Singapore. She has become a true & lovely friend!!
2. Valérie @ The chocolate bunny, from Montreal, Canada. I so love her unique blog! She writes with enthousiasm & her recipes never fail! She has become a real friend!
3. The cookbook apprentice @ The cookbook apprentice. She, I think, writes lovely & apart recipes. She has become a favourite of mine. I also love her writing style!
4. Claire @ Une zeste de gourmandise. She lives near paris in France. I only met her a few weeks ago, but we click! She has a fab foodblog & makes absolutely lovely dishes!
5. Oyster @ Oyster Food & Culture. She lives in San Francisco, USA, I think. She teaches us about foods & their culture & makes fab , never to fail recipes. We have become good friends!
6. Megan @ Feasting on Art. She gives us recipes that are coming from well known artists from all over the world. She teaches us about the life & food of this artist. We learn a lot!
7. Angel @ Angel in the kitchen. She lives in Fargo, USA. She cooks & bakes lovely food! I learn about American food from her! I also love her writing!
So, enjoy these roasted parsnips & enjoy those awards , my friends!! Yeah!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
Sophies Foodie Files
Comments are closed.