With the rest I made this comforting & healthy soup. It is more of a filling meal aka soup.
It is also lovely enjoyed with some crusty bread on the side.
Recipe: For 8 persons
1/2 pointed cabbage (520 gr, I used ), cleaned, washed & cut into finger thick long strips & cut once cross wise
1 medium potato, peeled & finely cut up
3 fat cloves of fresh garlic, peeled & finely chopped
2 white onions, peeled & finely cut up
5 organic carrots, peeled & cut into rounds
1/2 teaspoon of dried chili pepper flakes
2 cans of whole cherry tomatoes in their juice, I use the Italian brand Cirio
1 can of chickpeas, well rinsed under cold water & well-drained
1 tablespoon of tomato purée
1.5 liter of gluten-free vegetable stock
a fruity EVOO
1. I use a steam cooker, a pressure cooker with fitting lid. In the cooking pot of the steam cooker, add 2 to 4 tablespoons of the EVOO & heat up on medium heat. When hot & sizzling, add the cut up onions and garlic & fry for about 4 to 6 minutes. Stir often.
2. Add the carrot rounds & the potato pieces & fry for about 5 minutes. Turn the heat up on high.
3. Add the 2 cans of cherry tomatoes & their juices, the tomato purée & the 1/2 teaspoon of the dried red chili flakes to the pot. Stir well. Now, add the well-drained chickpeas & the 1.5 liter of vegetable stock. Stir everything well round. Add the shredded cabbage leaves. Stir.
4. Now, put the lid on of your steam cooker. Let it sit on the high heat for about 10 to 13 minutes until the nozzle sizzles non stop. Carefully, lift the pot away from the heat & open the nozzle with a wooden spoon to set the steam free. When it stops sizzling then there will be no steam left in the pot & you can open the lid. Now, taste the soup! It has to taste fab & spicy!!
If you don’t have a steam cooker, just boil the soup until the vegetables are all tender & cooked through but you still want a little bite in your cabbage!
5. I only purée the soup 1/3 so that you have vegetables floating in your soup. Sometimes, I like a chunkier soup like this!
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,310 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! :)
You might like: