A few days ago, I made this fabulous tasty mixed mushrooms risotto. I bought fresh yellow cantherelles, oyster mushrooms & dried porcini’s. Dried porcini’s are marinated in a vegetable stock to soak up flavour & to swell up. This also creates a grand flavoured & rich vegetable stock! All of these types of mushrooms are in season & their flavours are wonderful. I made this risotto as an ode to their marvellous tastes!
Recipe: For 4 persons
300 gr of Arborio rice
1 liter of a good gluten free vegetable stock
4 medium red onions, peeled & finely cut up
4 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled & finely cut up
20 gr of dried porcini’s ( You can buy them in mushrooms shops in sachets ), see picture above!
100 ml of a dry white wine
300 gr of the best oyster mushrooms, cleaned with a mushrooms brush & some moist kitchen paper, cut up into larger pieces
200 gr of fresh yellow cantherelles, cleaned the same way, cut up into larger pieces
1/2 bunch of fresh Italian parsley, washed & cleaned, pad dry on kitchen paper, cut into small pieces
EVOO, a fruity one
50gr of freshly grated Parmesan
grinds of black pepper
2 tablespoons of butter
1. Take a pot for the stock. Bring to the stock to the boil. When the stock is super hot, pour in a pot & add the dried pocini’s. Let them sit in there for about 15 minutes so that the mushrooms can soak up the aroma’s. They will swell too. The stock will be brown & dark now.
2. In a large cooking pot, add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the fruity EVOO & let it heat up on medium heat. When hot, add the 1 of the cut up onions & about 2 pieces of cut up garlic. Fry for about 2 to 4 minutes. Stir frequently. Now, add the arborio rice & fry it for about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Sieve the stock. Wrench the swollen porcini’s, so that most of the liquid is sqeezed out, save the juice from the porcini’s & pour it into the rest of the stock. Keep the stock warm. Cut the dried swollen porcini’s into pieces. Add them to the rice mix. Stir well. Fry for about 1 minute.
4. Now, add the wine. Stir well on medium heat & let the wine evaporate a bit. Add continuely, a bit of the stock to the risotto, stir all the time just about when the rice has absorbed the stock & then pour a bit of the rest of the stock,…etc just when the stock all has been used up.
This will take about 20 to 25 minutes or until the rice has cooked. Stir frueqently & watch the rice very carefully. When ready, taste! It has to taste fab! Put the cooking pot off the fire but add a lid on top to keep hot.
5. On the same fire, heat a large non stick pan & add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the fruity EVOO on medium heat. Now, add the rest of the cut up onions & the rest of the garlic into the pan. Fry for about 2 to 4 minutes. Add the cut up canterelles, the cut up oyster mushrooms & fry for about 3 to 5 minutes until they are cooked through. Add some sea salt, only a bit because the Parmesan cheese already will be salthy & fresh grinds of black pepper. Taste again!
6. Now, add the cut up Italian parsley & turn the heat off. Finally, add the onion, garlic & mushroom mix to the risotto pot & carefully mix everything.
Taste again! It has to taste fab! Now, add off the heat, the grated Parsmesan & add 2 tablespoons of butter. Mix gently. Place a cooking lid on top & wait for about 2 to 3 minutes so that the flavours can soak in,… Enjoy with the same dry white wine in your wine glass!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!