160 gr of Alpro baking margarine (= lactose free )
250 ml milk / I used semi – skimmed milk )
125 ml of maple syrup
** To serve: maple butter
1. Take an oven rack out of the oven. Preheat the oven to 200°C . ( 392 F ) for about 15 minutes.
2. Take a medium bowl, add the flour & baking powder. Mix well.
3. Take a larger bowl & sieve the flour & baking powder mix. Add the pecans & the cranberries.
Fold them into the flour mix. Now, add the baking margarine & with the help of your hands mix it all together until it forms breadcrumbs. Now, you have a crumbly dough.
4. Add the milk & 6 tablespoons of the maple syrup. Mix well with a spoon. Now, the dough sticks & is wet.
5. Place the dough with floured hands on a well floured Silpat. Knead the dough for 5 to 6 times until it forms a real elastic dough. Add more flour to prevent sticking.
Divide the dough in 2. With your hands, flatten the dough. I don’t use a rolling-pin. It’s not necessary. My dough is about 1 cm to 1 + 1/2 cm thick. I use my round 5 cm diameter cutter to cut out equal sized scones.
6. Place them on another Silpat or a baking sheet, a bit apart from each other & prick the top of the scones a few times lightly with a fork.
7. With the rest of your maple syrup, glaze the top & sides of the scones . Bake into the oven for about 12 to 15 minutes, on the lower shelf until they are golden & browned. Repeat with the other scones.
8. When ready, test with a sewing pin. Take them out of the oven & let them cool on a wire rack.
9. When completely cool, store in a cookie box.
Enjoy sliced open with some butter, your favourite jam & maybe some clotted cream.
I enjoy them now, with Canadian maple butter.
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!