♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
My husband made this lovely meal for me a few days ago. It is a Jamie Oliver recipe from his book: Happy Days with the naked chef!
My husband & I love beetroot combined with grilled salmon.
Recipe: For 2 persons
2 salmon fillets, no skin ( we used wild salmon ), each about 230 gr
2 medium beets, skin intact
** For marinating the beets:
1 handful of fresh oregano leaves, no stalks, washed & cleaned
EVOO, a bit ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil )
grinned black pepper
Maldon sea salt
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
** For the wasabi dressing:
juice of 1 lemon
some Maldon sea salt
grinned black pepper
2 tablespoons of wasabi paste from a tube
** For the rest:
cooked cold potatoes, cut into wedges
1 bunch of fresh watercress, well washed & spun dry, the rougher stalks removed
1. First, cook the beets in hot boiling water. Depending on the sizes of the beets, this will take about 20 to 35 minutes. Drain well & with cooking gloves on & peel the beets & cut into thicker slices & place them in a deep bowl. Now, marinate the beet slices with the balsamic vinegar, the oregano leaves, a bit of the Evoo & some sea salt & some grinds of black pepper for about 15 minutes or until all the rest of your dinner is ready. Keep warm.
2. Take a hot grill pan & season the fish fillets on both sides with sea salt & some fresh grinned black pepper. Smear the fish in with some EVOO on both sides & grill until just al dente, pink in the middle but not raw!
3. In the meantime, bake the potatoes in some EVOO in a non stick pan on all sides until nicely browned.
4. In the same time, make the wasabi dressing. Take a little cup & mix all the ingredients for the dressing together. Taste! It has to taste fab!
5. Now, plate up!! Lay a bed of fresh watercress in the middle of the plate, place on one side 3 pieces of the marinated beetroot. Besides that, the baked potatoes. Lay on the other side the grilled fish. Drizzle a bit of the wasabi dressing over the top of the fish,..but not too much!!
Enjoy this lovely dinner!!!