It has been a while that I searched for a good crunchy health bar. I had several recipes but it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for. I had 2 recipes & I made it into this one. I love to eat them & they are just about right. I didn’t add any dried fruits because I hadn’t any in the house.
70 gr of grinned almonds ( I used whole peeled almonds & grinned them in my food processor )
60 gr of dried pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons of broken linseed ( flax seeds )
2 teaspoons of baking powder
80 ml of semi-skimmed milk
70 ml of canola oil
60 ml of agave syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C ( 347 F ) for 15 minutes.
2. Take a large roasting tin about 20 X 30 cm. With the help of some kitchen paper, smear the bottom of the tin all over with baking margarine. Lay & large piece of parchment paper in it, with the sides overhanging the tin. This is necessary & easy, for later, to pull out the baked bars after they have baked into the oven.
3. Take a bowl & place the oats, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sugar, baking powder & the grinned almonds together. Mix well with a spoon.
4. Now, add milk, agave syrup & canola oil. Mix it all well trough with a spoon so that the liquid is well spread around the oats, etc. Mix it for a minute or 2.
5. Spread the mixture evenly with the back of a spoon in 1 layer into the parchment paper into the large tin. You can make a thicker layer too.
6. Place into the preheated oven & bake for about 25 to 35 minutes until the mixture has baked , the liquids are gone & the top is golden brown in colour. In my case, it took 25 minutes.
7. Turn the oven off, but leave the tin in the oven, to rest with the door closed for 30 minutes.
8. Now, take the tin out of the oven. Take the mix out with the help of your parchment paper on 2 sides of the tin. Carefully, lift it of the parchment paper & place on a wire rack to cool off.
9. When cool, transfer on a chopping board & cut into equal sized bars. It is easier to cut the bars when you oil your cutting knife.
Enjoy as breakfast, brunch or as a snack. Lovely with a good cup of coffee or some good tea.♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!