I bought lovely little courgettes ( zucchini ) at the multi cultural market in Brussels.
I also bought fresh sheep’s ricotta. I wanted to make a nice & easy meal from it.
I had left over pasta & kamut pasta. So I made this!
Recipe: For 2 persons, with seconds
200 gr durum wheat fusilli
150 gr of Kamut penne
525 gr of washed & cleaned little courgettes ( zucchini ), cut into small rounds or into 2
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & finely cut up
EVOO ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil ), a fruity one
2 tablespoons of pine nuts
a few pinches of dried & crushed chilis
200 gr of fresh ricotta (I use sheep’s ricotta ), is low-fat ricotta
10 leaves of fresh mint, washed & pad dry, cut up finely
grinds of black pepper
To serve: freshly grated Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cook the pasta together in a large cooking pot, filled with plenty of water until al dente. Drain well but keep a bit of the boiling water for the sauce later.
2. Take a little non stick pan & heat up on medium high. Add the pine nuts. Shake the pan from time to time. Heat up. You will roast the pine nuts. When they fill the kitchen with their aroma’s & they are a bit brown in colour, they will be ready. This will take about 3 to 6 minutes in total.
3. Take a large non stick pan with fitting lid & heat up on medium high. Add a few tablespoons of the fruity EVOO. Heat up. When the oil sizzles, add the chopped up garlic & the chopped courgettes. Stir frequently & fry for about 4 to 5 minutes. Now, add a few pinches of crushed & dried chili’s according to your taste. I prefer a bit but not too much. Stir from time to time. Fry for another 4 to 6 minutes or untill ready & cooked trough.
4. You have the pot of pasta, with a bit of the cooking water in it, in front of you. Stir well. Off the heat, add the chopped mint & add the ricotta. Stir with a spoon. Now, add the fried garlic & chili courgettes. Stir carefully with a spoon. Check the seasoning. Add a few grinds of black pepper & taste again. It has to taste fab!
5. Take your 2 serving plates & plate up!
6. Grate some fresh Parmesan shavings over the top & enjoy!!
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts
You might like:
I am sending this to Presto Pasta night’s, this time hosted by Sara @ imafoodblog