I love this juicy Moroccon spiced chicken! Crunchy, hard & spiced on the outside & juicy, light & yummie on the inside. It is so lovely with the harissa, onion & caper potato salad! Excellent to enjoy as lunch or dinner with your lover!
Click onto the above link.
Recipe: For 2 persons, with a bit of seconds
* For the harissa, caper & potato salad:
6 medium large hard, boiled potatoes, peeled, cooked & cut into 2 cm pieces, cooled off
1 tablespoon of capers, well rinsed under cold water & well drained, finely cut up
1 onion, washed & cleaned, peeled & cut up into little pieces, fried into a bit of olive oil
1 to 2 tablespoons of harissa
* For the Moroccon spiced, fried & baked chicken:
chicken fillets for 2 persons, skin removed, washed, pad dry with kitchen paper & cleaned, cut into larger pieces
3 green cardamom pods, peeled open, the pods thrown away but keep the seeds!!!
1/4 teaspoon of black peppercorns
1/4 teaspoon of fennel seeds
1/4 teaspoon of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of turmeric ( be carefull with the turmeric, it colours all of your materials yellow & it gives you staines!! That is why I put on plastic gloves!)
1/4 teaspoon of cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon of grinded cinnamon
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of sweet paprika powder ( pimentón dulce )
1/2 teaspoon of grinded coriander seeds
1/8 teaspoon of grinded piment
50 gr cornstarch
25 gr of very fine yellow corn meal or polenta
2 whole eggs, beaten
200 ml of kefir or buttermilk
a fruity EVOO ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil )
* To serve: sometimes , I serve a green salad with this but it is absolutely not necessary!
1. First, take a medium non stick pan & heat up on medium high. Put the whole cardamom seeds, black peppercorns & the fennel seeds in the pan. Shake the pan from time to time & roast the spices for about 3 to 5 minutes until the spices scent the whole kitchen with their aromas!
2. Put those roasted spices together in a pestle & mortar with the other spices & grind them all to a fine powder. Add the sugar & salt too. Grind them all fine. Now, take a 1st deep plate & mix the cornstarch with the polenta. Take a 2nd deep plate & mix the beaten eggs with the kefir.
3. With one hand roll the pieces of chicken first through the polenta mix & then with your other hand put the chicken pieces trough the egg kefir mix. With the first hand take your chicken pieces again trough the polenta mix. Take a 4th plate & place your finished chicken pieces on it. Repeat until all of the chickken pieces are ready.
4. Heat a large non stick pan on high heat. Pour 4 to 6 tablespoons of the fruity EVOO in it. Heat up. When the oil is sizzling, add the coated chicken pieces. Fry on both sides until well browned. Repeat untill all of the chicken is well fried on both sides. Remove the chicken pieces from the pan & lay them on a rack into a roasting tin & place in a preheated oven on 200°C
( 428 F) & bake in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is so tender inside & the outside is dark brown & really crisped up! Wrap them into aluminium foil to let the chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes, so that the inside of the meat will be juicy & tender afterwords ).
5. In the meantime, make the harissa potato salad. So, you have your cooled potatoes in front of you. They are cut into litlle pieces. Mix 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mayonaise trough the potato pieces. Take 1 – 2 tablespoons harissa or more to your taste & mix it well trough the mayonaise & the potato salad. Mix the cut up capers trough the salad. Mix the fried onion pieces into the salad. Season with salt & pepper. It has to taste fab!
6. Now, take your serving plate & plate up! Finally, scatter some sea salt on the chicken pieces.
Enjoy! Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,344 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too!