730 g of peeled, washed & roughly chopped up sweet orange potatoes
750 ml of gluten-free vegetable stock
250 ml of gluten-free coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of finely grinned black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of finely grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, the Picanté version ( I use Pimentón de la Vera )
soy baking margarine
** To serve:
fresh crusty baguette or gluten-free baguette, in pieces
6 sprigs of fresh chives, washed, pad dry on kitchen paper
butter or minarine to put on the baguette pieces
1. Take a large cooking pot & melt some baking margarine in it. Heat up on medium high. When sizzling hot, add the chopped up onions & garlic. Stir often. Fry until soft.
2. Add the chunks of sweet potatoes. Stir. Add the spices, stir everything around & let the spices fry for about 1 minute. So, that the aromas come free. Now, add the stock & stir. Now put the lid on & cook until the sweet potatoes are cooked trough. I use the steaming pot with fitting lid for this. It is much easier & much quicker.
3. When the potatoes are cooked trough, check the seasoning. Taste. It has to taste fab!
4. Puree the soup. Taste again. Now, add the 250 ml of the coconut milk. Stir until evenly divided. Taste again! Now the soup tastes fab & it needs the coconut milk otherwise it is to spicy & hot!
5. Laddle the soup into the soup bowls & cut the chives with a scissor into equal little pieces on the surface of the soup. Serve with some crusty baguette & some butter or minarine.
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!