This is a georgous, easy & lovely summer soup! It oozes deliciousness!!
It is a mix from corn, fennel, sjalots, garlic & vegetable stock. It is mixed in a blender. To serve, pour a bit of fresh lemon juice over the top of each bowl of soup. That makes the soup divine! It is served with fresh home made parmesan thyme crisps: they ad a sublime taste to the soup.
This is lovely as a snack, a main dish or as a soup. It really fills you up!
Recipe: For 5 bowls of soup
** For the soup:
300 gr of corn , well rinsed & well drained
10 fat shallots, peeled & finely sliced
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & finely diced
2 medium fennel bulbs, cleaned, hard bottom cut out, the green parts & tips removed, cut into pieces
800 ml of hot gluten free vegetable stock
3 tablespoons of a fruity EVOO
juice of 1 lemon
** For the Parmesan thyme crisps:
150 gr of a block of fresh parmesan cheese, grated
6 to 8 sprigs of fresh thyme, sprigs removed
1. Take an oven rack out of the oven & line with a silpat or baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 200°C ( 392 F) for 10 minutes.
2. Take a large cooking pot & turn the heat on high. Add the 3 tablespoons of EVOO to the pot. When hot, add the sliced shallots & the garlic. Fry until a bit brown. Stir a lot.
3. After 3 minutes or so, add the corn & the diced fennel pieces. Fry for about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir a lot.
4. Now, add the hot vegetable stock & stir, turn the heat on medium. Place a lid on the pot & boil until all of the vegetables are cooked trough. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir from time to time. When the soup is ready, pour in a blender & blend until smooth or until it is to your liking. This is a thick soup!
5. In the time that your soup is cooking, take your grated Parmesan & fresh thyme & mix evenly. With your hand, place half handfulls of the cheese thyme mix evenly on the Silpat. With the back of a spoon , flatten the cookies, side by side. You can get about 6 cookies on 1 sheet. Place into the preheated oven & bake for about 5 to 10 minutes until the cheesy cookies are golden brown & cooked. Carefully, take them out of the oven. If they stick to each other, just carefully pull them away. Remove them with a spatula & leave them on a wire rack to cool down a bit. Do the same with the rest of the parmesan & thyme.
6. When ready to serve, laddle the soup in the soup bowls. Pour a drizzle of fresh lemon juice over the top of each bowl of soup. Lay a Parmesan thyme cookie on the side & enjoy!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!