This is one yummy summer salad! I so love this !
Recipe: For 2 persons, as lunch or dinner
5 purple fresh plums, with an intact skin, cut into 4 ( stone removed )
4 tablespoons of a fruity EVOO ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil )
1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
75 gr mix of young lettuce leaves like rocket & swiss chard leaves, cleaned & spun dry
8 thin slices of Prosciutto
100 gr of sheep’s feta, drained, pad dry with kitchen paper & cut into little cubes
1+1/2 tablespoons of pine nuts, roasted in a dry pan on medium heat for about 5 minutes
1+1/2 tablespoons of plum jam ( a jam that isn’t too sweet ) like Plums the Alsace / this is a dark prune jam
1 tablespoon of raw ( unrefined ) cane sugar
1.Take an oven rack out of your oven. Preheat the oven to 200°C (392 F) for 10 minutes.
2. Take your cut up plums, lay them side by side, cut side up, a few cm apart, on a Silpat on your oven rack. Drizzle the prunes with 1 tablespoon of the EVOO. Then, scatter the 1 tablespoon of sugar over the prunes. Roast them in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. In the meantime, prepare the dressing. Take a jam pot with fitting lid. Add the 3 tablespoons of the EVOO, 1 tablespoon of the red wine vinegar, Maldon sea salt, freshly grinned black pepper & 1 + 1/2 tablespoon of the plum jam to the jam pot. Screw the lid on. Shake the jam pot up & down, again & again until the dressing is beautifully combined. Taste. It has to taste fab!
4. When the prunes are roasted, carefully take the tray out of the oven , on 2 wire racks to cool down a bit.
5. In the mean time, prepare your 2 large serving plates. Divide the young lettuce leaves over the plates. Divide 8 slices of the prosciutto nicely over the 2 plates. Carefully with a spoon lay 6 pieces of the prunes in a ring all over the salad. Lay 1 piece of the prune in the middle of your salad. Do the same on the other plate. Scatter the sheep’s feta nicely over the 2 plates. Scatter the roasted pine nuts over. Drizzle 1/2 of the dressing over your salads, nicely divided! Serve the rest of the dressing in the jam pot on the table with a spoon in it.
This is lovely enjoyed with slices of fresh ciabatta to mop up the juices.
I served this is with an excellent wine like a dry rosé wine like Vipra Rosa, Montepulciano D’Abruzzo, Cerasuolo, Orvieto, Italia. This is a lovely dry rosé, with a fresh & fragrant bouquet
with the lovely flavours of cherries, roses & violets! It is such a great companion!
Now, for something completely different!
Recently, I got a lot of awards! Now, I will share them with you & give them to a lot of lovely foodies!
My 6th & my 7 th award, I got from my friend Ricardo from Rico coffee shop: tried & tested recipes. He is a lovely friend & he has an amazing website. He cooks a lot vegetarian because his wife is a vegetarian. He cooks & bakes lovely recipes! Check him out! I was so honoured!!
Normally, you will have to pas this award to at least 7 outstanding foodies & link back to the food blog that gave you these awards. I pass these 2 awards to:
1. Grace from A southern Grace because she makes me laugh with her funny stories & she mostly bakes so lovely dishes. She so deserves it!
2. Muneeba, from An edible symphony because we have been friends for a long time & her writing is so lovely. Her recipes are easy & healthy. I love her blog!
3. Bunny from Bunny’s warm oven, because she is a true friend. I always appreciate her nice comments. She is an outstanding cook! She bakes a lot & she is an excellent cook.
4. Chef Chuck from Chef Chuck’s Cucina, he is a real excellent cook who loves to cook & bake all things Italian. I learn a lot from him. His recipes are easy yet so flavourful!
5. Jessica & Lon from Foodmayem, because they are located in NY, NY & they visit restaurants & make excellent east meet west food! I learn a lot of them about new ingredients, they bake a lot, etc.
6. To Sara + Nick from Imafoodblog, because they learn me a lot of all sort of breads, cooking methods , ingredients. They teach me a lot!
7. Kerstin from Cake, batter & bowl because she cooks, bakes & uses a lot of healthy ingredients. She also cooks a lot vegetarian. She writes lovely & she entertains me! I love her kind of food!!
8. Lacy from Razor family farms because she entertains us & her writing is excellent!! She & her husband started a farm from scratch. She takes beautiful pictures & she has become a close friend! You so deserve these 2 awards!
So, enjoy your awards & check these lovely food blogs out my friends!
Yesterday, I got my 8th award from my dear friend, Judy from Judy’s Kitchen! She has a lovely food blog & she cooks & bakes yummy recipes. Check her out!
It is the Splash Award! It is a beautiful award!!
This award is given
to blogs that make a Splash! I thank Judy very much for thinking of me! I am so honoured!
Now, I give this award to:
1. Prue, from My kitchen in Harlem because she is a great cook & she makes me laugh,… We talk a lot about food & other stuff trough our blogs. I am really honoured that a chef like her likes my blog!
2. Donna, from My Tasty Treasures, because she makes me smile, every time I go over to her blog! She writes with enthusiasm, she is funny & she has her own style!
3. Koko from Koko’s Kitchen because her pictures are so lovely & she cooks & bakes a lot. Her type of food is wholesome, vegetarian , sometimes with fish & so tasty!
4. Elra from Elra’s cooking, because her pictures are truly excellent & she writes with her own special flair! She has been a true friend!
5. Margaret from Kitchen delights because she is a great entertainer & I love her recipes!
6. Pam, for the love of cooking because she cooks & bakes a lot of what I like to eat!
7. Weerwerk, this is my father’s site. that is a blog about philosophy. He so deserves it because he is my dad & he supports me in my life.
8. Martha, from Just call me Martha, she has a beautiful blog with lovely pictures. She writes lovely too!
9. Sam from My Carolina Kitchen because she writes with enthusiasm, her food is excellent & she entertains me a lot. It is always a pleasure when she gives her comments on life, etc.
So, my dear friends, enjoy this beauty of a fine award!
Today, i got my 9 th award! I got it from my foodies friend Esmé from Chocolate & croissants!!!
Esme’s blog is all about lovely food. She loves to make food from all around the world. She loves taking pictures, food, blogging & travelling!
It is the Humane award! I am so honoured that you thought about passing it on to me!! Just a lovely award this is! This award is to honour certain bloggers that I feel are kindhearted people.
I pass this award to the following persons:
1. Olga, from Mango & tomato because she cooks & bakes with true enthusiasm & she cooks like I like to eat! She is a true friend with her lovely comments & we understand each other!
2. Gattina from Kitchen Unplugged, she takes awesome pictures & I like her exceptional take on world food!
3. Katherine from Smokey mountain café, because she is a true friend since the beginning of my food blog. She is so generous. I love her type of food.
4. Anna from Chef wannabe, she is my new foodies friend, we so connect! I love her drawings & she cooks lovely!
5. Juliana from Simple recipe me because she writes lovely & I love her type of food.
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,355 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! :)