This beauty of a burger recipe is from Bill Granger. It is from his book: Holiday! I adapted it to my needs. This is an Asian inspired burger that has lemongrass, breadcrumbs, garlic, lime zest, fish sauce , grated onion & chopped fresh coriander in it. It is served with an Asian inspired coleslaw. Chili sauce is served with it. This is the most yummy burger I have ever eaten,…
Recipe: For 2 persons, each 2 burgers
* For the burgers:
pork & veal mince: about 300 gr
1/2 onion, peeled & grated
1/2 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of fresh & cleaned coriander( cilantro ) leaves, finely cut up
1/2 tablespoon of Thai fish sauce
1 piece of garlic, peeled & finely squeezed out
1 teaspoon of fresh lime zest
1 teaspoon of brown or white castor sugar
43 gr breadcrumbs
* To serve:
4 burger buns
sweet chili sauce
Asian cole slaw
* For the Asian cole slaw:
1 tablespoon of brown or white castor sugar
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
4 large purple carrots or normal ones, peeled & 2 of them finely grated,
2 of them, peeled & finely cut up in little pieces
2 large handfuls of shredded white cabbage
1 handful of fresh Morrocan mint leaves, cleaned & finely shredded
1 handful of fresh coriander leaves, cleaned & finely chopped
1. First, make the burgers. You take a large bowl & place the mince, grated onion, the cut up lemongrass, the cut up coriander leaves, the fish sauce, the garlic, the lime zest & the sugar together. Mix well together with your hands.
2. Shape into 4 patties & flatten them out a bit. Place onto a plate. Put cling film over the top & place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Take a little bowl & place the 2 carrots that you grated, in it. Add the rice vinegar & add the sugar. Mix well. Leave to marinate for about 20 minutes.
4. Now, you can make your Asian cole slaw. Take a large enough bowl & place the 2 handfuls of white cabbage in it. Add the 2 carrots that are cut up into little pieces. Mix. Add the shredded mint leaves & add the cut up coriander leaves. Mix well. Set aside.
5. After 20 minutes marinating, remove the liquid from the grated carrots. Add the marinated grated carrots to the Asian coleslaw. Now, taste: it tastes amazing & lovely!
6. Now, after 30 minutes, take the plate with the burgers out of the fridge. Remove the cling film. Heat a large non stick pan on high heat & pour some baking margarine & sunflower oil in it. Heat up on high.
When the pan is really hot, add the 4 burgers & bake on both sides for about 4 minutes until cooked trough & golden. Adjust the heat if necessary.
7. Plate up: take your burger bun & place a burger on it. Top with some sweet chili sauce & place the top of the bun on it. Place the Asian cole slaw on the side & place a bit of the chili sauce on the side, to dip in.
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
You might like: