I made this a few days ago. This is a recipe from Bill Granger’s book: Every day. I think this is easy & lovely. I adapted it according to my taste.
I serve it with rice & some chopped unsalted peanuts. The peanuts give a bite to the dish.
Recipe: For 2 persons, with a bit of seconds
2 tablespoons of peanut oil
250 gr pork fillet, cleaned & cut into strips or into little pieces
* For the sauce, that I use to marinate the pork pieces in:
2 tablespoons of rice wine
2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
2 teaspoons of sesame oil
2 teaspoons of brown caster sugar
*For the rest:
2 teaspoons of fresh ginger, peeled with a vegetable peeler, finely cut up or grated
1 teaspoon of cornflour ( cornstrach )
1 medium red bell pepper, cleaned, pits & white bits removed & cut into little pieces
1 medium green bell pepper, cleaned, pits & white bits removed & cut into little pieces
1 cucumber, washed, dried with kitchen paper, seeds removed & cut into little pieces
4 spring onions, cleaned & cut into little rings
* Serve with:
brown or white rice
a handful of chopped unsalted peanuts
1. First make the marinade: Mix every ingredient for the marinade together & put it in a bowl. Place the pork pieces in it & place into the fridge. Let it marinate for 20 à 30 minutes.
2. Heat a wok onto high. Pour 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil in it. Swirl it around into the wok. Lift the pork out of the marinade. Stir 1 teaspoon of cornstarch in the rest of the marinade. Stir until dissolved.
Stir fry the pork pieces for about 3 to 5 minutes until just cooked trough. Remove from the wok. Set aside.
3. Put the wok on medium. Add the rest of the peanut oil & when hot, add the ginger & the chopped spring onions. Stir fry for about 1 to 3 minutes. Now, add the cut up vegetables. Stir fry them for about 2 to 4 minutes. Then, add the pork & the sauce to the wok. Stir fry until it is all hot & just cooked trough.
4. Take your plate & serve with hot rice & some chopped unsalted peanuts over the top!
This is lovely enjoyed with a Singha Thai beer.
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!