♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
Yesterday, I made this lovely crumble!
My parents gave me fresh rhubarb from their garden.
I came up with this orange, rhubarb & ginger crumble. I served it with hot Devon custard. My husband & I loved it!
Recipe: You can serve it for 6 or 4 or…2 persons!
* For the crumble topping:
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
45 gr of dark brown sugar
110 gr of flour
35 gr of full oats
63 gr of cold lightly salted butter, cut into little pieces
* For the rhubarb, orange & ginger mix:
700 gr of fresh rhubarb, weighted uncleaned
125 gr of fine white sugar
1 tablespoon of stem ginger in syrup ( stem ginger balls in syrup ), you need 3 stem ginger balls, finely cut up into little pieces
finely grated zest of 1/2 orange / I use an organic orange because their skin isn’t treated with chemicals. So it is safe to use & eat it!
40 ml of orange juice ( from the same orange )
1 tablespoon of cornflour ( cornstarch )
1. First, preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Clean your rhubarb under cold running water. Remove the dirt & cut off the dirty ends. Dry with kitchen paper. Cut into pieces about 2 à 3 cm. Set aside into a large bowl.
3. Now, make the crumble topping. The best method is to use your hands & a spoon. Take a large bowl & place the brown sugar & cinnamon in it. Mix with a spoon. Add the flour & the full oats. Mix well with a spoon. Now, add the butter pieces & mix with your hands everything together until it resembles breadcrumbs or until the mix looks crumbly! Set aside.
4. Take the bowl with the rhubarb pieces in it. Add the white sugar. Mix well with a spoon until the rhubarb is well coated into the sugar. Then, add the grated orange zest & the little pieces of stem ginger. Mix everything around.
5. Pour the orange juice into a cup & add the cornstarch. Mix until it is emulsified. Pour this into the rhubarb mix. Mix well. Take an oven dish large enough to take the rhubarb mix. Place the rhubarb mix into the oven dish, evenly divided.
6. Now, divide the crumble mix evenly over the rhubarb mix so that the fruit is totally covered.
7. Place into the preheated oven & bake for about 35 minutes until the top is golden brown & the fruit is cooked & bubbly on the sides. Test with a knitting pin or something else.
8. Turn the oven off. Carefully with oven gloves, take the crumble out of the oven & set aside.
Wait for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. This is lovely enjoyed with hot custard! Also is it lovely with cold custard, ice cream or cream.