I made these lovely lemon shortbread cookies for easter. It was a long time ago that I have made cookies. I didn’t want chocolate ones so I made these.
They are crumbly & buttery like shortbread should be. They are a bit different with the grinned lemon zest in them. You can taste a hint of lemon without it overpowering the cookies.
Recipe: For about 50 small & medium-sized cookies
150 gr lightly salted butter, softened
75 gr of icing sugar
225 gr plain flour, sifted
1 tablespoon of milk
grated rind of 1 lemon
1. Take your Kenwood or Kitchen Aid & put the K-paddle in. Place the softened butter together with the icing sugar in the bowl & beat until pale & fluffy.
2. Stir in the sifted flour.
3. Add the milk & the lemon rind.
4. Now, mix everything until it is well combined.
5. Take the dough out of the bowl & mix 1 minute with your hands. Form a thick ball & place into cling film & put away into the fridge for about 30 minutes to stiff up.
Later on, it will be much easier to roll out the dough to use cookie cutters.
6. After 30 minutes in the fridge, preheat the oven to 175°C. for about 10 minutes.
7. On a well floured chopping board, take the dough out of the cling film & cut into 2. Use 1 part & roll out to 5 mm thick. Put flour onto the rolling-pin & it will be easier to roll the dough out.
Use your favourite cookie cutters & re-roll the rest of the dough again & again. Place the cookies on a Silpat or on baking sheets & bake for about 10 to 15 minutes into the center of the oven until they are a bit browned on the edges.
8. Carefully, take them out of the oven & place on a wire rack to cool down.
9. Take your second part of the dough & do the same.
10. These cookies are lovely with a good cup of coffee or some lemon tea.
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!