You know by now that I like making salads, not just any salad, but a salad with a twist.
This is more of an Indian inspired salad of chicken that is marinated in a mix of olive oil, red chili, freshly cut coriander: stalks & leaves, garlic & cumin powder. Then it is put into the fridge for at least 2.5 hours. This gives the chicken a better & lovely flavour. Later on, sultanas & fresh coriander & almond flakes are added & a bit of soy sauce. This is served on a bed of Romana lettuce & fresh slices of radishes because they are in season now. MMMMMMM….
Recipe: For 2 persons
* For the marinade:
2 teaspoons of cumin powder
1 fat garlic clove, peeled & finely cut up
1 fresh medium sized red chili, deseeded & finely cut up into little pieces
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 bunch of fresh coriander ( cilantro ): stalks & leaves, cleaned & finely cut up
* The chicken:
290 gr of chicken fillets, no skin, cleaned & cut into little strips about 2 cm
* For the rest:
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of flaked almonds
2 tablespoons of sultanas
2 tablespoons of superior light soy sauce , like the brand: Pearl River Bridge
* For the salad:
1 head of Romana lettuce, thoroughly washed, cleaned, spun dry, the leaves taken of & if wished, cut into 2
about 6 to 7 radishes, washed & cleaned, tops & bottoms cut out & sliced into rounds
1. A few hours before dinner, make your marinade. Take a medium sized Ziplog bag & place your ingredients for the marinade in it. After they are all combined, add the chicken pieces. Close the bag. With your hands, massage the meat, from the outside of the bag. So that the flavours are put together. Place the bag into a little bowl in case of leakage. Place into the fridge for at least 2 hours. You even can leave it there during the night.
2. Just before dinner, take the bag out of the fridge. Place all the rest of the ingredients, near you. Lift the chicken out of the marinade. Take a large non-stick pan & heat up on medium high.
When the pan is hot, add the chicken pieces without adding extra oil. Cook until tender & cooked trough. This will take about 5 to 8 minutes. When cooked trough, lift out of the pan & place into a bowl & combine with the flaked almonds. Keep it warm.
3. In the same pan, reduce the heat to medium, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of the olive oil & add the sultanas. Stir well. Heat trough. Turn the heat off. Add the soy sauce. Stir well. Season with 3 or 4 grinds of black pepper.
4. Add the sultana mix to the rest of the chicken & almonds. Mix well.
5. Now, you can let it cool completely & eat this as a salad for a pick-nick or eat it cold in the hot summer. I eat it medium hot as dinner or lunch.
6. Take your 2 serving plates & plate up. Place the large lettuce leaves onto the base of the 2 plates. Now, add your chicken mix to the middle of the salad, in an even horizontal line divided.
Scatter the radishes around the chicken dish, on the outside. Now, scatter the remaining coriander over the chicken!
Enjoy! This is lovely with some good , chilled on ice, Rosé wine that isn’t sweet.
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!