I just love pasta! Don’t you?
Because it is spring, I had to use leeks because they are in season.
What to go with it? I thought smoked salmon & brown mushrooms. I do not eat cream so I used soy cream. It makes the dish a lot lighter. This dish is a recipe from my mother. She has had a lot of success with it!! It screams: yum!!
Recipe: For 4 persons
4 stalks of leeks, not too thick otherwise the taste is less intensive, cleaned & cut up into little pieces
250 gr of brown field mushrooms, cleaned & cut up in slices
250 gr of Parisian mushrooms ( these are little white mushrooms ) cleaned & cut up in slices You can use whatever mushroom you want but you want to have 500 gr in total. I do not use the more special mushrooms otherwise they overpower the dish!
Linguini : at least 100 gr per person / So: at least 400 gr of Linguini
Fresh chives, cleaned, cut up in little pieces: about 1 handful
3 or 4 whole long cleaned pieces of chives, for the presentation, per person / So: 12 to 16 pieces in total
smoked salmon : about 210 gr in total
You use 4 slices of smoked salmon, cut up in little pieces, to use in the sauce.
You use 2 slices of smoked salmon , cut into long pieces for the presentation.
Fish stock: 500 ml to 1 litre depending on how much pasta you use
soy cream or cream if you want: 375 ml
sea salt: grinned
Black pepper: a few grinds
10 minutes before serving, preheat 2 serving plates
1. Take a large cooking pot & fry the chopped up leeks in margarine or butter on a medium high heat for about 5 to 10 minutes. Add a few grinds of black pepper & a bit of sea salt. Not too much salt because the smoked salmon is already salty. Stir often.
2. Add the sliced up mushrooms to the same pot. Put up the heat a bit. Add a bit of baking margarine or butter, if necessary. Don’t let the water from the mushrooms evaporate too much!
I added a bit of black pepper but no salt. When the mushrooms are nearly ready, add the cream or add the soy cream. Stir often.
3. In the meantime, take a large cooking pot & fill with the fish stock. Bring to the boil. When boiling, add the linguine & a bit of olive oil. Cook al dente. Drain & keep a bit of the cooking water. Add it to the hot pasta. Keep warm.
4. In the cooking pot where the mushrooms are, the cream was added, simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens. Season to taste. Just when the sauce has thickened & you want to serve, 2 minutes before serving, add the 4 cut up slices of salmon to the sauce. Stir well. Taste again. The sauce has to taste fab!
5. Take your preheated serving plates & plate up!
* Place your linguine onto your plate
* Place the sauce on top
* Place 2 or 3 thin slices of the remaining salmon on top, crosswise or straight, according to your inspiration!
* Add the last 3 or 4 sprigs of chives on top of the salmon!
Enjoy with a good glass of white wine like Pfalz Pinot Blanc 2007
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
You might like:
3. Scottish oak smoked salmon appetizers with wasabi & fresh dill, filed under Sophie’s Christmas menu