I made these lovely wraps yesterday! It feels like summer when you are eating them.
And I want spring & summer to be there!
I had some sheep ricotta in the fridge & thought that smoked salmon would go lovely with it!
Then I added rucola leaves & torn basil leaves. Every flavour combines beautifully.
It is lovely enjoyed with some good white wine like Mâcon Villages 2007, Blanc sec.
Recipe: 1 wrap per person
Ingredients: For 4 wraps
4 tortilla wraps
4 large tablespoons of fresh sheep ricotta
rucola leaves, cleaned, about 50 to 60 gr in total
fresh basil leaves, cleaned, 3 basil leaves per wrap, torn in pieces / so 12 basil leaves for 4 wraps
smoked salmon: about 150 to 200 gr for 4 wraps
1. Taka a plate & place 1 tortilla on it. Put water on all the tortilla. Dip the rest of the excess water off with kitchen paper.
2. Place in the microwave on the highest heat for 40 seconds.
3. Take it out of the microwave. The tortilla will not be hot.
4. Spread the ricotta all over the tortilla. Spread it out on all the sides.
5. Now, place the smoked salmon on top of the ricotta.
6. Now, on a horizontal line, place the rucola leaves on top of the salmon. Not too much because rucola is nutty & too much is too much. You want a subtile taste! So, spread the rucola evenly.
7.Then, add the 3 pieces of torn basil leaves, just above & under the horizontal line of rucola leaves, evenly spread.
8. Now, instead of rolling it up, fold the left side a bit into the middle of the tortilla & then fold the right side a bit into the middle & then roll the filled tortilla carefully up.
9. Take your rolled up tortilla & turn it over. Cut diagonal in 2.
10. Take a serving plate & plate up! Put 1 half on the plate & place the other half on top!!
Yum yum!! Don’t forget the wine!!
You also can find this tasty recipe here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Smoked-salmon-fresh-sheeps-ricotta-wraps/
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts
You might like: