I just love pasta dishes like this ! This is an easy pasta dish full of lovely combined flavours! It takes 15 minutes to make & it is healthy too!
The original recipe is from Jo Pratt! She is one of my favorite cooks!!! I adapted the recipe to my taste!! So, here we go!
Recipe: For 2 persons, with a bit of seconds
about 350 gr of penne
125 gr of sliced chorizo/ I slice the chorizo really thin because I like it that way!
green olive tapenade / I bought it in the supermarket: about 2 to 3 tablespoons
250 gr of cherry tomatoes, cleaned, cut into 2
2 teaspoons of the best Balsamic vinegar
100 gr of young fresh salad leaves, which include rocket leaves
A few grinds of black pepper
1. Take a large cooking pot & fill with hot water. Bring to the boil. When boiling, add the penne & cook until al dente. With me, that took 13 minutes. Drain. Keep warm.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat a large non-stick pan on a medium high heat. When the pan is really hot, add a drop or 2 of the olive oil to the hot pan. Swirl the oil around. Heat up.
3. Now, add the cut up chorizo slices in 1 layer to the pan. Fry until crisp! Adapt the heat if necessary!
4. Now, add the tomatoes & the balsamic vinegar. Stir wel.Cook for 1 minute or 2 until the tomatoes start to break down. Turn the heat off.
5. When the pasta is ready & drained, add the 2 or 3 tablespoons of the green olive tapenade to the pot. Stir. Now, add the fried chorizo & the fried tomatoes to the pot. Stir well to combine. Taste. I added 3 grinds of black pepper to the pot. Taste again. It has to taste fab!! Because the tapenade is a bit salty!
6. Finally, add the young salad leaves. Serve immediately!
Enjoy!!! MMMMMMM……..I asure you that you want more,…….!!!
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts