♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
I love fish by now, you know that! You also know that I like my fish fillets with a crust on top.
Now, here is another variation! So, here we go!!
Recipe: For 2 persons
300 gr whiting fish fillets, cleaned, no skin & no bones
45 gr gluten free breadcrumbs
3 heaped tablespoons of parsley, cleaned
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled
zest from 1/2 lemon, finely grated
30 gr butter or baking margarine
a squeeze of lemon juice
Sea salt, grinded
lemon wedges to serve
a green salad, including what you want/ I used young fresh salad leaves
cherry tomatoes, cleaned
lemon oil/ If you do not have that, make a dressing from a neutral olive oil & fresh lemon juice, pepper & some sea salt
For the potatoes, I used left over boiled & cooled potatoes from the day before
Olive oil : a fruity one
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Take a foodprocessor & place the garlic, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, some sea salt, parsley & a few grinds of black pepper together in the bowl of the foodprocessor & blitz a few times until the mix is thoroughly mixed.
3. Now, add the butter & a squeeze of the lemon juice. Blitz well!! Taste! It has to tastes fab! Adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
4. Take a large oven baking dish & grease it with butter.
5. Place your cleaned fish fillets in 1 layer neatly together into the greased oven dish. Smear the crust evenly on top of the fish until everything from the paste is used up.
6. Take a large oven dish & place your potatoes in 1 layer in it. Mix well together with a spoon or with your hands. Place into the oven. Next to the potatoes, place the oven dish with the fish or place the fish dish beneath the potatoes. Bake for about 20 minutes until the crust is a bit brown & the fish is cooked trough! My potatoes were ready after 20 minutes, golden.
7. In the meantime, wash & clean your salad & your cherry tomatoes.
8. When the fish & potatoes are ready, plate up! Put your salad with the tomatoes on top & drizzle some lemon oil on top! Serve the fish with the lemon wedges alongside the potatoes.
I made this recipe a couple of times, but I used flat fish this time. It is better to use a fish fillet that is a bit thicker because you have the chance that the fish could be a bit dry! If you use thicker cuts, then the fish will be more moist after baking for 20 minutes into the oven.
So it is better to use it with haddock, pollack, hake, seabass or red mullet or a thick cut of Mahi-Mahi.
You might like this: