I craved for a soup! The sun was shining through the window, the birds were singing & I felt alive & happy!
Spring was there! The sun was shining & I had enough of root vegetables! I needed something fresh & green!!! So, I came up with this soup!
Recipe: For 4 persons
1 large purple sweet onion, peeled & finely diced
250 gr potatoes, peeled, washed & finely cut up
800 ml of vegetable stock
250 gr of frozen peas ( it is not yet the season for fresh peas, what a pity!!!)
4 thin slices of smoked ham, like Parma ham
olive oil, a neutral one
1. Take a large cooking pot & heat up on medium high. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil & heat up.
When hot & sizzling, add the finely sliced onion. Fry for about 5 minutes until tender. Stir frequently.
2. Now, add the diced up potatoes. Stir well. Fry for about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Next, add the stock & bring to the boil. Heat up the heat on high. Boil until the potatoes are tender. With me, that took about 10 minutes.
4. Now, add the frozen peas & boil until tender & al dente. With me, that took about 8 minutes.
5. I did not sieve the soup because I mixed the soup thoroughly & so you keep the goodness in the soup!
6. You can add pepper if you like, but i didn’t do this because it tasted fab!!
7. Now, take your soup bowls & pour the soup in it. This is a thick soup!!
8. Take your grissini & wrap the ham tightly around it & place it over the soup bowl! This soup is lovely hot or cold!! Enjoy!!♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!