This dish I make quite often. Usually, I make the marinade the same way & change the vegetables. I use the vegetables that are in is season. This is also yummie with beef or pork or tofu!
Usually, I make this with soba noodles because they are more healthy!
Recipe: For 3 persons
1 big yellow sweet bell pepper, cleaned, seeds & white parts removed, cut up in little pieces
3 stalks of celery, cleaned, some treads pulled away, cut up into little slices
250 gr of fresh soy shoots
2 sweet onions, peeled & cut up in wedges
260 gr of Japanese soba noodles
2 chicken fillets, cleaned, no skin, cut up into chunks
*For the marinade:
15 tablespoons of neutral olive oil
7 tablespoons of light superior soy sauce
3 cm of fresh ginger, peeled & finely cut up into little pieces
2 tablespoons of honey
1. First, make the marinade. Take a bowl, large enough to put the marinade & the chicken in.
2. Add all the ingredients for the marinade together into the bowl. Whisk well so that the ingredients combine together. Now, add the chicken pieces. Toss to coat. I always make enough marinade so that you will have a sauce later on.
3. Sometimes, I add a few cut up vegeables into the marinade. So they will soak up the beautiful flavours! I added the sweet pepper & the celery slices to the marinade. Toss to coat! Put clingfilm over the top & place into the fridge for at leat 1 hour, but 2 to 3 hours is ideal! Normally, I marinate for 3 hours!. Then the chicken meat will be lovely soft at the inside & will has soaked up all the flavours!
4. After 3 hours, take the bowl out of the fridge. Take your wok & smear in with some olive oil. Take a large cooking pot & fill with hot water. Bring to the boil. Add the soba noodles & cook according the packet instructions. Normally, it will be for about 3 to 5 minutes. When ready, drain. Keep warm.
5. Lift the chicken out of the marinade. Keep the marinade. Lift the vegetables out of the marinade.
6. Put the wok on medium high. First, wok the chicken pieces for about 4 to 5 minutes until golden & cooked trough! Add a bit of the marinade & stir well. Put the lid on from time to time,to have a steam effect! Turn the heat on high.You have to stir a lot because you wok! You do not want to chicken to stick to the wok! When done, take the chicken out of the wok & keep warm! Now, add the onion wedges. Add again a bit of the marinade. Wok until cooked trough. This will be about 5 to 7 minutes. Take them out of the wok.
7. Now, add the marinated vegetables & the soy shoots & wok until tender.The celery has to be cooked but has to have a bit of crunch! Taste! Put the lid on & if necessary add more marinade. When the vegetables are nearly ready, add the chicken, add the onion wedges & add the cooked soba noodles. Add the last of the marinade & put the heat on high! Stir well. Put the lid back on! After a few minutes, the dish will be ready!