It was a while ago that I made a soup. I had some chorizo & wanted to use it. I thought that the addition of some Pímenton de la Vera, the Picante version would be a good addition to this. This is the smoked paprika from Spain. I has a lovely earthly, smoked flavour. I buy it at my local Spanish store. And I was right!!
Spicy chorizo & bean soupon 20/02/2009
Recipe: For 6 persons
1 large white onion, peeled & finely sliced
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & finely cut up
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, the Picante version
2 celery stalks, cleaned & some treads pulled away , cut up in fine slices
2 tomatoes, washed, dried, cut up in chunks
1 tin of large white beans, salt washed off & thoroughly drained
1 litre of chicken stock
150 gr of finely sliced Chorizo, the mild version
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Take a medium cooking pot & place on a high heat. Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the pot. Heat up. When hot, add the chorizo slices in a single layer & fry for about 2 to 4 minutes until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper. I use the same pot & pour the other tablespoon of olive oil into the pot. Fry again the chorizo slices. Drain on kitchen paper. Set aside.
2. Using the same pot, you see that the oil is orange in colour, heat up on medium. When hot, add the chopped up onion & the chopped celery stalks. Fry until tender. This takes about 6 to 8 minutes. Stit from time to time.
3. Now, add the chopped garlic & the smoked Picante paprika. Stir well. Fry 1 to 2 minutes until it smells lovely!
4. Now, add the chopped tomatoes & stir well. Fry for another minute.
5. Add the chicken stock & the chorizo slices. Bring to the boil. When boiling, turn the heat down. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Now, add the drained large beans. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. When the soup is ready, taste. It will be a bit spicy & so good,…mmmmm…
I mix the soup for 3/4 ! Then you will have a slighter thicker soup with pieces of chorizo floating in your soup. I added 3 grinds of black pepper. Enjoy!♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!