A tasty & easy to prepare dinner! 🙂
Let’s see how I made it, shall we?
Recipe : for 2 persons
2 salmon fillets, each 145 gr
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, cleaned & finely chopped/ I used curly parsley
zest of 1 orange / I used a blood orange
1 teaspoon of crushed coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon of crushed black peppercorns
1 teaspoon of course sea salt / I used Maldon
6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into chunks
a mix of salad leaves, of your choice
250 gr cherry tomatoes, cut into 2
juice of the same orange: 3 tablespoons / I used a blood orange
a fruity olive oil
grinned black pepper
1. First, make the marinade. Clean the fish fillets. Cut each fillet in with a knife, making 3 slices into the fish. Do not cut trough! It is just to push the marinade into the fish.
2. Take a little bowl & place all the ingredients for the marinade in here. So, take the orange zest, the parsley, the crushed black peppercorns, the sea salt, the crushed coriander seeds & the sugar & place them all together in the bowl. Mix well.
3. Put the marinade on top of the fish & place it into the cut slices. Do this with the 2 fish fillets. any left over topping, put it onto the fish. Put cling film over the bowl. Place into the fridge. Leave to marinate for 1 hour.
4. When the fish is in the fridge for 40 minutes, boil the sweet potatoes. Take a large cooking pot & fill with hot water. Bring to the boil. When boiling, add the sweet potato chunks. Boil until tender. Drain. Mash. Add some liquid baking margarine. Taste. Keep warm.
5. When the fish is marinating, make the dressing. Take a clean jam pot with lid. Put 4 tablespoons of fruity olive oil into the jam pot. Add 3 tablespoons of the blood orange. Add 2 grinds of black pepper. Put the lid good on. Shake the jam pot up & down, to let the ingredients mingle well.
6. When the fish has marinated for 1 hour, take the fish out of the fridge. Remove the cling film. Take a large non – stick pan & heat up on medium high. Add some olive oil & some baking margarine. Heat up. When melted, add the 2 fish fillets. Bake or fry until just cooked trough. This takes about 4 or 5 minutes per side.
7. Serve the fish with the sweet potato mash, the salad, the cherry tomatoes & the lovely dressing!
Enjoy! This is lovely with a glass of Jacob’s Creek chardonnay 2005!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
Comments are closed.