Yesterday, I made this lovely vegetable risotto. It is a recipe from Rachel Allen. She is my favourite Irish cook & baker! I have several cookbooks of her! She rocks!
I love it because it was the first risotto I have made in my life! I did not have to stir for a long time because it was baked in the oven for 20 minutes. Ooh yes, this is so good…
Recipe: for 6 persons
3 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & finely chopped
1 large white onion, peeled & finely sliced
300 gr of fresh spinach leaves, washed & spin dry
350 gr of Arborio rice
150 ml of white wine, I used Grand Vin du Bordeaux, Sauvignon 2006
27 trimmed & cleaned green asparagus, the rough bits peeled if needed
950 ml of gluten-free vegetable stock
250 gr fresh or frozen peas/ I used thicker green organic peas, frozen
Parmesan cheese, grated to serve
Maldon sea salt
Olive oil: 4 tablespoons
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C.
2. Take a medium cooking pot & fill with hot water. Bring to the boil. When boiling, add the frozen peas. Cook until al dente. In my case, that took 8 minutes. Drain. Keep warm.
3. Take a large cooking oven safe pot with lid, like Creuset, to use later in the oven. Heat up on high with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the cooked peas & the spinach. Stir all the time for 1 to 2 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Season with black pepper & some sea salt. Add 50 ml of the vegetable stock. Stir.
Now, purée or mix everything together in the blender or with a mixer. Taste. Season according to taste! It mustn’t taste bland! It must taste terrific! Set aside.
4. Heat the same Creuset pot up on medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil sizzles, add the chopped up garlic & onion dices. Season with pepper & sea salt. Cover with the lid & fry until the onion parts & garlic are softened but not coloured.
5. Add the rice & stir it around for 1 minute, then add the remaining vegetable stock & the white wine. Stir everything round. Now, turn the heat on high & bring to the boil. When boiling, turn the heat off. Put the lid on & place in the oven & bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until the rice the liquid has absorbed.
6. In the mean time, take a large cooking pot & fill with hot water. Bring to the boil. When boiling, add the green asparagus & cook until al dente. Drain. Keep warm.
7. When the risotto is cooked. In my case, it took 20 minutes, take the lid off with hand gloves!! Stir the purée in the risotto. Stir well.
8. Take your plates & plate up!
9. You have a lovely, easy & healthy risotto topped with green asparagus & Parmesan shavings on top!
This is lovely enjoyed with the same wine you cooked with, white wine : Grand Bordeaux Sauvignon 2006!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
You might like:
Comments are closed.