This is the most lovely rice pudding I have ever made. This is a recipe from Nigella Lawson. I slightly adapted it. Oh, this woman can cook!
It is made with unsweetened cocoa, 1 sachet of vanilla sugar, sugar, Arborio rice & 1 litre of semi – skimmed milk. Then it is baked into the oven for 2 hours! It is utterly delicious! It is a bit sweet but not too sweet!
Recipe: for 4 persons or for 2 persons, with seconds
3 heaped tablespoons of cocoa
1 litre of milk: I used semi – skimmed milk
20 grams of vanilla sugar/ I use home-made
100 gr of castor sugar
125 gr of Arborio rice
1. Preheat the oven to 150° C.
2. Take a large bowl & add the cocoa. Add 4 tablespoons of boiling water to the cacao to dissolve it. Stir well or whisk, whisk, whisk!
3. Now, gradually add the milk.Whisk!
4. After all the milk is whisked in, add the vanilla sugar & the sugar. Whisk well.
5. Now, add the rice. Whisk again.
6. Take a large oven dish & butter it. Pour carefully all the mix in. Whisk again & divide the mix in the dish if possible.
7. Cook or bake the dish for about 2 hours. In my case, it took 1 hour & 45 minutes. Every 15 to 20 minutes, you have to stir with a spoon into the mix otherwise the skin on top of the pudding will turn black. You have to prevent that! So stir with a spoon everything round; so that the skin will be mixed into the rice. Do this carefully because the mix will be very liquid in the beginning! I assure you that the mix will become more & more solid towards the end of the baking time!
You have to wait for a very long time, but its worth the wait!
8. When ready, take it out of the oven & wait for 5 minutes.
9. Spoon into serving bowls & enjoy!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
You might like: