2 sweet bell peppers, washed, pad dry with kitchen paper, seeds & white bits removed, cut into little pieces
100 gr frozen peas
250 gr fusilli pasta
Maldon sea salt, grinded
red pesto, made from sun dried tomatos & basil ,bought in a jar: 4 heaped coffee spoons
Provencal dried herbs
chicken fillets, cleaned & cut into chunks
olive oil or baking margarine
Fresh parsley, cleaned & finely chopped
Gruyère cheese, grated, to serve
1. Take a large cooking pot & fill with hot water. Bring to the boil. When boiling, add the pasta. Add a bit of olive oil. Cook until al dente. Drain. Keep warm.
2. In the meantime, take a large non stick pan & heat up on high heat. When hot, add baking margarine or olive oil. Add the cut up onions & half of the sweet bell peppers. Fry until cooked trough & golden. Season to taste with black pepper & dried Provencal herbs. I do not add salt because the red pesto is salty!
Put the fried onions & bell peppers in a pot & keep warm. Do the same with the remaining pepper pieces. Season to taste with the black pepper & dried herbs. Turn the heat off.
3. At the same time, take another large pan & heat up on high. Pour baking margarine in the pan. When sizzling, add the chicken chunks. Fry until golden on both sides & cooked trough. Season with sea salt & black pepper & some dried Provencal herbs. Turn the heat off. Set aside & keep warm. Mix everything together in the same pot.
4. On this heat, heat a little pot with hot water. Bring to the boil. When boiling, add the frozen peas & cook until al dente! With me, that was 10 minutes.Turn the heat off. Drain. Add with the rest of the mix. Add the drained pasta. Add the chicken. Now, add the 4 heaped coffee spoons of red pesto to the mix. Mix well. Taste again. Season with extra black pepper if necessary. Add a bit of sea salt if needed. It has to taste fabulous!
5. Take your serving plates & plate up! Scatter some freshly chopped parsley over the top & enjoy! This is also good with Gruyère cheese!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!