I love this combination! The original recipe is from Bill Granger. How I love this man! I have all his books! I love the way he cooks! He cooks healthy & with a twist!
Spiced cayenne pepper & smoked paprika sweet potato fries
Recipe: For 2 persons, each 2 burgers
* For the burger:
325 gr minced meat/ I always use a mix of pork & veal
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, Italian parsley or curled, you choose/ parsley, washed, pad dry with kitchen paper & finely cut up
1/2 white onion, peeled & grated
25 gr breadcrumbs
1/ 2 teaspoons of fennel seeds, roasted in a dry pan for about 5 minutes on medium high heat. Set aside. Turn the heat off. Crush the seeds in a pestle & mortar. The fennel seeds will smell amazing when roasted! Real flavour!
1 egg, beaten
Maldon sea salt
* For the sweet potato fries:
3 sweet potatoes, peeled & cut up into wedges or in batons
some Maldon sea salt
4 tablespoons of soft fruity olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons of sweet smoked paprika/ I use Pimentón de la Vera. This is smoked dulce paprika. The paprika has a sweet smoked flavour! MMM,…
* To serve with:
2 purple sweet onions, peeled & cut up into rings, baked in a pan with some baking margarine. Keep warm.
fresh young lettuce leaves
2 Kumato tomatoes, washed, dried with kitchen paper & cut into slices
4 burger buns, cut open horizontally or 4 ciabatta’s or 4 dinner rolls
1. First make the meat mix. Take a food processor & put the meat, the beaten egg, the chopped parsley, the breadcrumbs, the grated onion, the grinned fennel seeds & some Maldon sea salt & black pepper in it. Pulse or mix everything together until it resembles all mixed. Taste. Season extra according to taste.
2. With a spoon, make 4 burgers out of the mix. Flatten them with your hands.
3. Put them in cling film & place into the fridge. I leave them there for about 2 hours.
4. After 2 hours, take the meat out of the fridge. Take away the cling film.
5. Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
6. Take a non stick baking dish, I used 2. Place the sweet potato wedges in it, in a single layer.
7. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to each baking dish, evenly divided.
8. Add half of the 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper to each baking dish. Evenly scattered.
9. Add 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika to each baking dish, evenly divided.
10. Add some Maldon sea salt to each baking dish.
11. Take your hands & mix everything together.
12. Place into the oven & bake until sticky & cooked trough. Sometimes this will take 20 minutes, depending on the size of the wedges or batons.
13. In the mean time, take a large non stick pan & heat up on high. Add baking margarine. When melted & sizzling, add your 4 burgers & bake until cooked trough. Bake on high heat the first 5 minutes on both sides & turn the heat down for the last 5 minutes.
14. If you want, you can bake your onion rings now because these will take only 10 minutes to bake. Keep warm.
15. To serve: take your dinner roll & smear the bottom with mayonnaise. Put lettuce on it. Place your burger on it. Put ketchup on that. Add a slice of the tomato. Put some baked onion rings on that & add some extra lettuce leaves. Top with the other half of dinner roll, smeared with ketchup! Serve your sweet potato fries on the side! They are spicy & so good!!
Enjoy it twice!
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts
You might like: