Yum! Dig in!
This is the most lovely crumble recipe! A mix of berries with a hint of orange, stem ginger pieces and a topping of deliciousness!
Recipe: For 2 persons, with seconds
* For the fruit:
325 gr mix of your favourite berries / I used a mix of fresh blueberries, blackberries & raspberries
1 ball of stem ginger, cut into little pieces
2 tablespoons of castor sugar
2 tablespoons of stem ginger syrup, taken from the jar with the stem ginger in it.
grated zest of 1/2 orange
* For the topping:
50 gr of slightly salted butter, on room temperature
75 gr plain flour
40 gr of Demerara sugar
20 gr rolled oats/ I used little rolled oats
20 gr of flaked almonds, crushed lightly in your hands
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
2. To make the topping, take a bowl & place the butter in it.
3. Add the flour to the butter. Lightly rub the butter into the flour.
4. Add the oats, the Demerara sugar & the flaked almonds. Mix lightly. Do not overmix! It has to look like little crumbles!
5. Now, for the fruit mix. Mix the fruits together. Add the zest of 1/2 orange & the 2 tablespoons of the stem ginger syrup. Mix gently. Add the cut up stem ginger. Add 2 tablespoons of castor sugar to the berry mix. Mix.
6. Take a large oven proof dish & place the berry mix on the bottom.
7. Scatter the crumble mix evenly on top of the berry mix. Or take 2 little oven proof serving dishes.
8. Place into the center of the oven & bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown on top.
Enjoy with some good custard on the side! Warm Devon custard that is!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
Comments are closed.