Yum! Dig in!
This is the most lovely crumble recipe! A mix of berries with a hint of orange, stem ginger pieces and a topping of deliciousness!
Recipe: For 2 persons, with seconds
* For the fruit:
325 gr mix of your favourite berries / I used a mix of fresh blueberries, blackberries & raspberries
1 ball of stem ginger, cut into little pieces
2 tablespoons of castor sugar
2 tablespoons of stem ginger syrup, taken from the jar with the stem ginger in it.
grated zest of 1/2 orange
* For the topping:
50 gr of slightly salted butter, on room temperature
75 gr plain flour
40 gr of Demerara sugar
20 gr rolled oats/ I used little rolled oats
20 gr of flaked almonds, crushed lightly in your hands
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
2. To make the topping, take a bowl & place the butter in it.
3. Add the flour to the butter. Lightly rub the butter into the flour.
4. Add the oats, the Demerara sugar & the flaked almonds. Mix lightly. Do not overmix! It has to look like little crumbles!
5. Now, for the fruit mix. Mix the fruits together. Add the zest of 1/2 orange & the 2 tablespoons of the stem ginger syrup. Mix gently. Add the cut up stem ginger. Add 2 tablespoons of castor sugar to the berry mix. Mix.
6. Take a large oven proof dish & place the berry mix on the bottom.
7. Scatter the crumble mix evenly on top of the berry mix. Or take 2 little oven proof serving dishes.
8. Place into the center of the oven & bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown on top.
Enjoy with some good custard on the side! Warm Devon custard that is!
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,381 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! :)
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like other tasty crumbles on my blog:
Comments are closed.