I love this recipe!
I craved for vegetables! So, I made this. I served it with oven baked potatoes & baked chicken chunks.
Recipe: For 2 hungry persons
1 large red pepper, washed, pad dry with kitchen paper, cut into small squares
2 white onions, peeled & cut up in wedges
4 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & cut up in fine slices
Provencal dried herbs
Maldon sea salt
Extra virgin olive oil
5 small Purple Belgian endives, washed, pad dry with kitchen paper & cut into long slices
Mangetouts, washed, precooked for 8 minutes. Drained.
Potatoes for 2 persons, peeled & cut up into chunks. Cooked until nearly tender, for about 10 till 15 minutes. Drained. Cooled off.nKept in the fridge. I always do this long be forehand, normally a few hours before I make dinner, to save time!
1. Preheat the oven to 250 ° C.
2.Take a large non – stick roasting tin & add the potatoes to it, neatly side by side.
3. Grind black pepper over the potatoes, add some grinded Maldon sea salt to it & add some drizzles of the olive oil! Now, mix everything with your hands. Place into the center of the oven & bake for about 45 minutes until golden. Bake at 250 ° C for 15 minutes & lower the temperature at 200 ° C for the rest of the time, that is for the 30 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes of baking, place 2 large pans on the cooking stove.
5. Heat up on high, add some butter or baking margarine & let it melt.
6. In the largest pan, add the cut up garlic & add the cut up onions. Fry until golden & cooked. Add some Black pepper & some sea salt.
7. Now add the cut up red pepper & a good scatter of the dried Povencal herbs. Stir fry for about 10 minutes until al dente. Add the precooked mange touts. Bake until hot & cooked trough. Season to taste. If ready, turn the heat off. Set aside & keep warm.
8. On the same time, when the butter has melted in the other pan, add the cut up purple endives. Stir fry until cooked trough. Add some Black pepper & some sea salt. Turn the heat off. Set aside. keep warm.
9. When the potatoes are cooked, turn the heat from the oven off.
10. Take your 2 plates & dish up!
Enjoy with some tasty chicken on the side!
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts