I love this recipe!
I made it with sheep ricotta & I made it with cow ricotta. I prefer the sheep ricotta because it has more flavour! And that is what it’s all about!
Recipe: For 6 persons, one piece
375 gr ready – rolled puff pastry
250 gr sheep ricotta
2 large eggs, beaten
60 gr. Parmesan, grated
1 fat clove of garlic, peeled & squeezed out
a large bunch of fresh basil, washed, pad dry on kitchen paper & finely sliced
Maldon sea salt
olive oil: a soft & fruity olive oil, not a strong one!
6 ripe & lage tomatoes, evenly sized: top & bottum horizontally cut off & then halved horizontally
A green salad to serve with it, likea mix of fresh green leaves & a cucumber sliced
Evenly parts of balsamic vinegar & sunflower oil + black pepper & Maldon sea salt added, to drizzle over the salad
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Roll the pastry out on a Silpat or on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
3. Prik the pastry several times with a fork.
4. Take a bowl & add the ricotta, the beaten eggs, the Parmesan cheese, the garlic & basil & season to taste with sea salt & black pepper. Beat until smooth. Taste again. It really has to taste good! Add a bit more grated Parmesan , if needed.
5. Spread the mix over the pastry base, leaving about a 2 cm border.
6. Arrange the tomatoes on top of the ricotta mix. Place them neatly together, pushing them down a bit. season lightly & drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes until the filling has set & the pastry is golden brown.
8. Take it out of the oven & take the silpat away. Put it on a nice plate & cut up in slices.
8. Serve it with the green salad & cucumber slices & drizzle with the balsamic vinegar dressing.
Enjoy! This is lovely with a glass of White Sauvignon Blanc.
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!