Recipe: for 50 biscotti
75 gr. unsalted nuts, I used pecan halves
2 eggs, beaten
150 gr. white sugar
50 gr. molasses
zest of 1/2 orange
85 gr. lightly salted butter, softened
90 gr. cacao
150 gr. self – raising flour
1. Take your Kenwood or Kitchen Aid. Put the K- paddle in.
2. Take a little pan & roast the pecans for 5 to 10 minutes on a medium heat. Watch them! You do not want to burn the nuts! After a few minutes, turn them over. When you are roasting them, they smell lovely! When they are ready, turn the heat off & set aside.
3. Preheat the oven on 180 ° C.
4. Put the eggs, sugar, molasses & the orange zest together in the mixing bowl. Whisk it all together until foamy.
5. Now, add the softened butter.
6. Mix well.
7. Now, take a sieve & add the sifted cacao. Mix well.
8. Add the self raising flour, but sieve it.
9. Mix well. Add the nuts.
10. Take some baking paper, put some flour on it & put the mix on this. The dough is sticky!! Put some flour on your hands & on your rolling-pin! Divide the mixture into long rolls. Flatten them a bit with the help of your handpalms!
11. Place them on baking paper of on your non stick silpat of other silicone mat.
12. Put them in the oven & bake for 20 minutes.
13. Take them out of the oven & let them sit on the silpat to cool down for 10 minutes.
14. Place them on a chopping board & cut into 0,5 cm slices.
15. Remove to a wire rack to cool down completely.
crunchy on the outside & crumbly on the inside!