A few evenings ago, I made this for dinner. This is the way, my mother usually makes them. I serve them with boiled potatoes & baked chicken pieces.
Recipe: For 2 persons
500 gr. brussels sprouts, cleaned, outer dirty leaves removed, the base cut off & cut into 2 & washed
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & finely cut up.
1 smal onion, peeled & finely diced
100 to 150 ml of soy cream
gluten free & dairy free baking margarine
1. You take a large cooking pot & fill it with hot water. Put the lid on. Bring to the boil on a high heat.
2. When the water is boiling, add the cut up brussels sprouts. Boil until just tender, about 5 till 8 minutes.
3. Drain. Keep them in a other pot & put the lid on.
4. Take the same cooking pot & put a swirl of baking margarine in it. When the fat sizzles, add the garlic & onion. Let it sweat on high heat for about 5 minutes until the onion is golden brown.
5. Now, add the soy cream & let it bubble. The cream will thicken & season according to taste! I always add Black pepper & some Maldon sea salt.
You can turn the heat a bit down, otherwise the cream can burn!! After a few minutes, the sauce has thickened & taste again! Season again, if necesssary.
6. Now, add the cooked brussels sprouts & stir carefully! You do not want the brussels sprouts halves to fall apart!
7. Heat them up & turn the heat off & serve at once along side your boiled potatoes & your chicken!
You might like: