I adore this recipe! The sweet peppers are precooked & then filled up & baked in the oven.
Recipe: For 4 persons, 1 filled pepper per person
I use brown rice because it fills you up & is more healthy.
4 sweet peppers, any color you like
1 onion, peeled & finely diced
100 gr. brown rice
175 ml gluten-free chicken stock
30 gr. raisins
80 gr. tomato passata
4 tablespoons olive oil
1,5 tablespoon of fresh parsley, washed, dried on kitchen paper & finely sliced
1,5 tablespoon of fresh mint, washed, dried on kitchen paper & finely sliced
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
30 gr. pine nuts
1. Take a pot large enough to cook the rice in. Pour the stock with the rice in the pot & heat up to medium heat. Stir. Cook the rice until all the stock is absorbed or until the rice is cooked. Turn the heat off. Set aside. Keep warm with the lid on.
2. At the same time, prepare the 4 bell peppers. Cut the heads horizontally from the peppers & keep them. Cut al the white parts & seeds out. Take a large pot & heat up on high on the heat that you just used. Fill it with a lot of boiling water from the kettle. When the water is boiling, place the peppers & their heads in the water. Blanch them for about 10 minutes. Turn the heat off. Drain the peppers & their heads. Put them upside down on kitchen paper to pour off the excess water.
3. Use the same heat & take a little pan & heat up. Place the pine nuts in it & shake often. You are going to roast the pine nuts. Watch them!! We do not want burnt nuts! When they are ready, they smell good & are a bit browned on all sides. Set aside.
4. Preheat the oven on 180 °C.
5. Use the heat that you just used. Heat up on medium. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Add the cut up onion & let it sweat for about 10 minutes. The onion must be soft, but not brown.
6. Add the tomato passata the herbs, the cinnamon, the raisins, the rice & the pine nuts to the pan. Stir regularly. Bake for about 2 minutes. Season to taste.
7. Put the peppers straight up & fill them with the mixture. Put the heads on top of the filled up peppers. Place them in a fitting oven dish. Pour 100 ml. of boiling water in the oven dish. Sprinkle the rest of the olive oil over the top of the peppers, so, over the heads.
8. Place in the oven & bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the peppers are ready.
Enjoy! 1 pepper per person is really enough because it really fills you up!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
You might like:
Comments are closed.