I always make this a few times in wintertime. It really comforts me. It is a simple & lovely dish to make. And also the fact is that it is really yummy,..
Recipe: For 2 persons
2 white onions, peeled & sliced into wedges
325 gr. pork fillet, cut up into cubes, about 2 cm to 2 cm.
2 tablespoons of smoked paprika, the mild version of Pimentón de la Vera.
500 ml chicken stock
100 ml to 150 ml soy cream or so
400 gr. carrots, peeled, washed & cut up in sticks ( i took a bunch of organic carrots with the greens on it ) They have more taste. I weigh the carrots peeled.
3 dried bay leafs
450 gr. potatoes, peeled, washed & cut up in 4
Maldon sea Salt
1. Take a medium cooking pot & fill with hot water. Turn the heat on high. Bring to the boil. When the water is boiling, place the potatoes in the water. Cook until ready. This will take about 15 til 20 minutes. When done, drain & keep warm. Turn the heat of.
2. On the same time, take another medium cooking pot & fill with hot water. Turn the heat on high. When the water is boiling, place the carrot sticks & the 3 dried bay leafs in the water. Boil until tender. This will take about 15 minutes. Drain & keep warm. Turn the heat of.
3. On another heat, turn the heat on high. I use my Creuset pot with fitting lid.
Put a good swirl baking margarine & a swirl of olive oil in it. When melted & sizzling, add the onion wedges. Bake for about 10 minutes or so, until brown & golden. Take the onion wedges out of the pot & keep warm. Add some baking margarine in it & heat up. When melted, add the cut up chunks of pork & bake until all browned up on all sides. This will take about 5 to 8 minutes.
4. Add the 2 tablespoons of Pimentón de la Vera. Stir wel.
5. Add the baked onions.
6. Add the 500 ml of chicken stock.
7. Stir from time to time & put the lid back on. The pork will bake & become tender inside the liquid. Adapt the heat to medium when the sauce thickens to fast. It will take 20 to 30 minutes until the meat will be tender & the sauce will be thickened. Do not let the sauce thicken to fast or to much because the sauce is very lovely to eat with the potatoes & carrots. You want to have some sauce for a second serving!!!!
8. When the meat is tender & the sauce has thickened, add the 100 till 150 ml of soy cream or real cream if you want to. Stir wel. Taste. Add some Black Pepper & Maldon sea salt to taste. It has to taste really good!!
9. MMMmmmmmmmm…♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!