I have made several different variations from it, but this one my husband loves the most! Yummm!
Recipe: For 2 persons
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
grated zest of 1 orange
2 cloves of garlic, peeled & squeezed out
1/2 teaspoon of Sea salt
1,5 teaspoons of fresh or frozen rosemary needles, cut into little pieces
a swirl of olive oil to moisten the marinade & to emulsify the ingredients together
2 chicken fillets, cleaned & cut up into little pieces
300 gr. mange touts
5 or 6 sweet potatoes, peeled & diced into chunks
1. I take a large bag of plastic with a ziplog. I put all the ingredients in it & massage it all into the chicken pieces.
2. I put it in the fridge for 2 hours. From time to time, i massage with my hands the bag.
3. When the bag comes out of the fridge, heat a large pot with water. Bring to the boil. When the water is boiling, add the potatoes & boil until tender. This will be after 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Keep warm. Mash. Add a bit of margarine or butter.Turn the heat off.
4. At the same time, fill another cooking pot with water. Turn the heat on high. Bring to the boil. When the water is boiling, add the mange touts. Boil until tender. This will be about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain. Turn the heat off. Keep warm.
5. When the mangetouts begin to cook, heat another heat. Turn on high. Take a non- stick pan & pour a swirl of baking margarine in it.
6. When the margarine has melted & sizzles, add the chicken pieces. After 4 or 5 minutes, turn them over. After 4 minutes or so, turn the heat down to medium.
Bake until cooked trough. Turn the heat off.
7. Serve on 2 warm serving plates & enjoy!
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts