Recipe: For 2 persons, with seconds
550 to 600 gr. parsnips, peeled & sliced lenghtways to the thickness of 0,5 cm in to long slices
a knob of butter, for greasing
200 ml. to 250 ml. of Soy cream or normal cream. I used soy cream.
200 ml. milk, I used semi – skimmed milk
1/ 2 tablespoon of fresh sage, washed, dried with kitchen paper & finely cut up.
a lump of Parmesan cheese
Freshly Ground Black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 170 ° C.
2. So you have your parsnips, peeled & sliced lenghtways to the tickness of roughly 0,5 cm.
3. Take a large cooking pot & fill with water. Put on a high heat & place the lid on. Bring to the boil.
4. When the water is boiling, put the parsnip slices in to the hot water & boil for about 5 minutes without breaking up the slices. Drain. Turn of the heat.
5. Butter a large oven dish with the butter.
6. Lay the parsnip slices in the dish, evenly in 2 or 3 layers.
7. Mix the cream & milk together & season to taste with Sea salt & Black Pepper.
8. Stir the sage pieces in the cream & milk mix. Pour over the parsnip slices.
9.Grate enough Parmesan Cheese over the cream & milk mix to slightly cover the surface.
10. Bake for about 30 – 40 minutes in the oven. At that time, it should be bubbling & be golden.