Sweet potato soup
Yesterday, I made this soup.
It was a long time ago that I had a sweet potato soup. I craved for one! I adore the taste of sweet potatoes. In Belgium, most people don’t know them. But I do! You can find them in the shops of Delhaize, the Bioshops, the markets in Brussels! This is a more sweet soup but the contrast with the leeks & garlic is lovely!
Recipe: For 8 persons
5 sweet potatoes, peeled & washed & cut in to chunks
1 large sweet onion, peeled & finely sliced
2 leeks, white & green part, cleaned, toroughly washed & pad dry
3 fat garlic cloves, peeled & finely scliced
1.5 liter gluten free vegetable stock
1.Take a large pot or a fast cooking pot & put in on a heat. Heat up to high. When the pot is hot, pour a good swirl of olive oil in the pot. Add the chopped garlic & add the cut up onion. Stirr now & then.
2. After a 5 minutes, add the chopped up leeks & brown them. Stirr from time to time.
3. After 5 to 8 minutes, add the cut up potatoes.
4. Add now the vegetable stock. Stir well.
5. I use the fast cooking pot & put the lid on. After 15 minutes, it’s ready.
6. If you do not use this, put the lid on & cook for about 20 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
7. After it is all cooked, put the soup in a blender & puree it, or use a mixer & puree it.
8. The soup has to be a little bit smooth. this is a thick soup.
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
Follow me on Facebook too!
Sophies Foodie Files
Comments are closed.